Chapter 69

JAMES POV

Her words echoing inside my head, making it spin. I froze for a few seconds unable to say no more. I was afraid of what she had to say, the reason why I had to come back home was more than scary. A million questions passed me by at an incredible speed, not giving me time to process them.

"Come home." She said again when her desperate cry subsided. I took a hand to my eyes and cleaned the tears that persisted falling.

"What happened Andrea? Tell me..." I finally asked her, getting courage from an unknown place. "How is our girl?"

"She's...she's in coma..." She said. I fell down on the bed as if I had been shot by her words. Each letter craving right in my heart, wounding me almost deadly.

"What? But how?"

"They have put her to sleep, they thought it was for the best, because she was very nervous. I guess Trish's death affected her and she was being unstable. He cells' count is very low; they are trying to get the result of the test to her bone marrow but it's not here yet. The doctor suspects it's failing even more...I don't know what to do..." She cried again.

"Did he say anything else?" I asked looking for some good news in the middle of that horror.

"He said her condition is very fragile and dangerous. We might lose her..."

"NO!" I yelled not taking the pain. "No...no...no..." I repeated time and time again not accepting the idea. Losing my little girl...no way, that couldn't happen.

"I think it's better if you come, in case anything happens, and I need you. Now, I also need you here."

"Nothing is going to happen. Andrea...hold on. I am coming home as soon as I find a flight back to San Francisco. Stay calm sweetie. Are you alone?"

"No, Belle is here with me. She has been so wonderful."

"Ok...look, I am getting the flight and I let you know." I stuttered all over and my jaw was trembling a bit as if I was cold, but I was not. I hung up the phone and stayed still for a while, trying to think and put some order in my head. I began to trace a plan of all the things I had to do and first, obviously, I had to talk with my band. I grabbed the phone and dialed Lars's room. If I was right, he was having another party and was still up. I wasn't wrong...a loud noise came from the speaker as soon as he got the call.

"It's me." I told him with no further politeness.

"Hey...come here! We're having this major party, lots of stuff going on man." He told me.

"I need to talk to the band. Like now...gather all and come here." I said.

"What? Band meeting now?" He asked surprised.

"Yes! And hurry. It's important..." I said.

"Ok...wait a bit." With that Lars hung up the phone and I began to pack my stuff. Tears fell down my face while I was putting some clothes in one of the bags. I fell down on my knees, losing strength and my shoulders shook. I was desperate.

"NOOO..." I cried loud and not caring if someone could hear me. The pain I had felt when I lost my mother and Cliff attacking me again. "It can't be...it cannot fucking be." I sobbed. "Is it a curse? Uh? Do I have to lose everyone that is important to me? Am I condemn to be alone in the world? How much pain do I have to take? I looked up to the ceiling talking to no one. I got myself together, got up and continued grabbing the stuff scattered all over the room. Later, they knocked on my door. I ran to open it for them and came back to what I was doing leaving the door opened and I heard them coming in and then I felt their presence.