1- First Day📚

|Tristan's POV|
"Come on, you got to get up for school." My Mom Saïd pulling on my blankets that were covering me.
"Do I have to go? You know no one likes me there."
"Yes, you do have to go, I pay too much money for you to be in that school."
"Ugh fine." I had gotten up from bed and went into the bathroom. Even though I hated going to this private school, I knew my mom had a point in putting me here and it was for my best interest. I only didn't like it there because everyone there was so preppy and snotty. They all have the money to be there, while my mom has to work hard to keep me in that school. We lived in a two bedroom apartment made just for us. It's always been me and my mom. My dad walked out on her when he find she was gonna have me. She felt like she didn't need him anymore once she had me. I got out of the bathroom and put on my school uniform and went down into the kitchen. My mom had been in the kitchen drinking her tea and I grabbed a banana to eat. "You ready to go?" "Yea, but do you mind if I just stay in bed?" I say chuckling. "Ha ha, very funny. Come on let's go." She said sarcastically and pushing out the door. We got in the car and drove to my school. She parked right in front and dropped me off. I got out of the car and everyone had their little cliques talking to each other. The cheerleaders, the jocks, the dancers , etc. I kept walking and someone tapped me from behind. "Ahh, would you look who it is." I said sarcastically. It had been my bestfriend Callie. Callie was the only person that really did understand and didn't judge me for not having a money background. She hugged me and we both walked into the school. "Tristan, can you believe it?! We're juniors!"
"I know! One more year 1 and we'll be done with the hell hole of a place." We went to our guidance counselor to see if he can give us our classes. As we went into his office, he had told us to sit down. We both sat down, confused as to what he was gonna tell us.
"Alright so first off, here are your classes. But I also wanted to bring you guys in for something else." I looked at Callie and we both exchanged some worried looks.
"So there is this new program we're trying out, where the seniors will take under their wing a lower class men as like some type of figure. I chose you two to be one of the kids that will be taken under the wing." We both smiled at him and got pretty excited but also pretty scared. The seniors hate the lower class men. They think they're too good for us.
"Do you know who we will get for a senior?" Asked Callie interestingly.
"No, it is assigned randomly boy to boy and girl to girl. But there is a list of all the seniors who are in this program. Do you wanna see it?"
"Yea if you don't mind letting us see it." I told our guidance counselor. He nodded his head and passed us the paper.

Big Brother/Sister Program Participant List:
Juniors
•Sarah Masters
•Jessica Baker
•Tristan Parker
•Callie Griffin
•Justin Edwards
•Kevin Gray
•Violet Evans
•James Green
•Juniel Guerrero
•Elena Guevara
Seniors
•Franklin Hill
•Edwin Honoret
•Alice Thomas
•Daisy Johnson
•Brandon Arreaga
•Zion Kuwonu
•Maggie Mornin
•Nick Mara
•Austin Porter
•Melody Foster

I was surprised to see so many jocks and cheerleaders on the list. Especially Nick and his group of friends. Nick Mara is one of the most famous people around school and everyone wants to get to know him. I've never even had the chance to even say hi to him. Callie saw the list and then gave it back to the guidance counselor. We then left and went to our first period class. We ended up having second and third period together. I went to all of my other classes and in my last period class, I walked in, and almost everyone were seniors. Nick and his friend group had been in the same class. I walked in and took the empty seat right in the middle. It happened to be the one that was right next to Nick. The whole entire class, he just sat there and barely paid attention in class. The day ended and I asked Callie if she wanted to go to a coffee shop to do homework. She said yea and we ended up meeting up later in the day. As we were doing our homework, Callie had asked me, "Tristan, are you planning on doing the Big Brother Program?"
"I think I am. It'll probably be a beneficial way to show on my school transcript."
"Yea I guess so." She said going back to her homework. As we were doing homework, Nick and his friend crew all came in and sat in the booth behind us. We had almost been done with our homework and my mom texted me telling me she was almost done with dinner so I had to go home. I put all my books away but kept a few in my hand because they ended up not fitting in my bag. As I got up, Nick must've gotten at the exact same time and we bumped into each other. All of my books fell and all of his friends were just laughing at me. I quickly bent down to pick them up and he bent done as well and noticed my face was all red. I quickly got up and walked out of the coffee shop. He looked like he was going to say something but I ran out so fast. I got home so embarrassed of myself that I didn't even know what they would think of me now. I put my bag and books down in my bedroom and went to find my mom in the kitchen cooking.
"Hey hon, how was your first day?"
"It was good.  They put me in this new program called Big Brother. It's where a senior takes in a junior as like their mentee."
"That's so nice. Do you know who is your mentee?"
"No they tell us who it is tomorrow. Honestly mom,
I'm only doing it to make it look good on my school transcript. I don't like any of those kids. They think they're all better than me and I don't like that."
"I know Tristan, but I only have you in that school because it's a really good school and it will benefit you when you go to college."
"Yea, Yea I know."
"Who knows, the mentor you get chosen will be really nice."
"Yea I guess:" I said finishing up my plate of food. I went back into my room once I finished eating, to finish up the little bit of homework I didn't get to finish at the coffee shop. I took a shower and went to bed, hoping tomorrow will be a semi-pretty good day.