9- Misunderstandment🙆🏻‍♂️

I woke up Saturday morning a little later than usual. I had been working all week at school and haven't had any time to sleep. But I was also thinking about how Nick was acting last night. It just felt weird to me. He never texted me back after what I said last night. I decided to not give it too much thought anymore because today I was going out on a study date with Callie. I got up and made my bed. I went out into the living room and Mom was watering her plants.
"Good Morning."
"Someone slept in today."
"Yea I haven't been caught up with my sleep, so I decided to just sleep in to see if it would help."
"Good. At what time do I need to bring you to the cafe?
"After we have breakfast is fine. Hey mom I have a question."
"What's up?"
"Did it bother you last night when Nick didn't want his mom bringing up us going to the Hamptons with them."
"In the beginning it did, but I didn't put much thought into it. He's just a teen who's moody. Just like you." She said pointing at me in the end. I chuckled a bit and grabbed the plate of food she had just made. I finished eating everything she made and went back into my bedroom to get changed into clothes. I walked back out and Mom walked out of her bedroom looking all dressed up.
"Wow, are you coming with us mother."
"No, I'm actually going to go out with a man. I've known him since high school and he wants to see me again."
"Oh, Well don't stay out too late young lady." She rolled her eyes and pushed me out of the house. She dropped me off right in front of the cafe and told me,
"Just so you know, if I won't be able to pick you up, take the metro back home."
"Ok! Will do!" I walked in and Callie was already sitting down in a booth with all of her work scattered around the table.
"Save some space for me?" I said taking a seat on the other side.
"Hey! I was wondering if you were going to show up. How was last night?"
"So everything was going really well, until Nick's Mom brought up us going to the Hamptons with them."
"Why? What's wrong with that?"
"Well, there isn't anything wrong with me, but with Nick. He didn't like the idea of us going with them and was acting every time she brought it up. It's almost as if he was embarrassed by who we were."
"Whoa. That took a turn. But hey, if you're still upset with him and don't want to go with them, you can come with us to Martha's Vineyard."
"Thanks, but I think my mom is going to want to go, she seemed pretty excited about going." I said going back to my work. She nodded her head and also went back to her work. After some time, we finished all of our homework and decided to just go back home. Mom was still on her "date", so that meant I was gonna have to take the subway. As I was packing my stuff away, I received a text message:

 As I was packing my stuff away, I received a text message:

"Look who just texted me." I said to Callie showing her the message.
"Well are you going to go?"
"Idk."
"I'll go with you if you need me to. I've been dying to go to the Disney Store." She responded back to me.
"Fine, we can go." I put away all of my stuff and we were on our way to the train station. Callie hates going on the train, but will do anything for her best friend. We got on several trains and finally got to Times Square. We walked into the Disney Store and I texted Nick letting him know that we were in Disney. He replied back with his location which was only a few blocks away from me.
"Hey Cal, I'll be right back. Nick sent me a location and it doesn't seem to far from here."
"Oh ok!." She said going back to what she was looking at. I walked out of the store and started following the directions to where his location was. When I finally got there, I was brought to Nick's Pizza Shop. I thought it was pretty funny that he brought me down to a pizza shop with his name on it. I walked in and he had been sitting in a little two person table with a three meat pizza in front of him. He saw me walk in and smiled at me. I didn't smile back. I slowly walked towards the table and put my stuff down on the floor as I took a seat.
"Hey..." He said shyly.
"Hi." I said looking at with a stern face.
"So I guess I owe you an explanation."
"If you'd like to give me one I would very gratefully appreciate it."
"So I hadn't notice what I was doing until after you guys left when mom called my attention. I don't want you to feel like I don't want you guys to come with us to the Hamptons. I was going to ask you myself if Mom didn't bring it up. People in the Hamptons sometimes don't even see us as their social class. So I didn't want them to make you guys feel bad."
"Well I appreciate you thinking about us in that format, but it made me feel really bad about ourselves the way you were acting."
"I know, and that's why I just wanna tell you that I want you to come with us to Hampton. I don't care what the people will say about us or even you. So what do you say?"
"Of course, I wanna come! Mom already has her suitcase halfway done."
He laughed at what I said and offered me some pizza. We had some pizza and I had told him I had to go back to Callie.
"Nick, I have to go, Callie is still at the Disney store and I have to take the train."
"What if I take y'all. we can go back and pick up Callie and I'll drive you both home. Plus I want to take you home to say sorry to your Mom."
"Alright, if you insist." I said getting up from my seat. We walked several blocks to get to Times Square. Callie had been waiting right next to the store doors.
"Cal, Nick is actually going to drive us home and he'll drop you off."
"Oh, awesome!" We all walked away together and Nick drove Callie home. He then drove me home, but walked in the house with me. We walked in and mom was making out with a guy on the couch. I immediately closed the door and Nick's got bright red. A few seconds later the man walked out and Nick and I walked in.
"I'm sorry you boys had to see that."
"Hey it happens, you're a single lady who is allowed to do what she likes." Said Nick. I stood there and let Nick continue the talking.
"Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday and would really love if you guys came to the Hamptons with us."
"Aww, well isn't that sweet of you. We would love to go with y'all to The Hamptons!"
"Amazing, well I got to get going, so I'll see you guys soon."
"Bye Nick." I said giving him a hug. He left the house and Mom just continued to stare at me. She knew I was embarrassed by what we found her doing.
"So I guess I owe you an explanation huh?"