V | if i know what love is, it's because of you

Isabelle came out of the neighborhood and randomly chose a route, continuing to slowly walk onward.

The streets were empty on New Year's Eve. There was practically no one around and no cars about.

At this time, the usually bustling shops on both sides of the road were closed, and occasionally, you could hear the sound of crackers from somewhere close or in the distance.

Isabelle walked for a long time before coming to a stop. It was late at night on New Year's Eve, so there were practically no taxis on the road. All she could do was walk over to the bus stop sign and take a seat below it.

After waiting for about ten minutes, she decided to no longer wait for the bus. It was also when she saw an old lady cross the street.

The elderly lady looked to be quite old from her snowy white hair, but she was able to walk well, and steadily.

Just as the old lady was about to reach Isabelle's side, a motorbike suddenly curved in at an alarming speed. The motorbike didn't hit the old lady, but it flew right past her.

The old lady was so frightened that she lost her balance and fell to the ground.

The motorbike didn't look like it had any intention of stopping. Instead, it sped up and disappeared without a sight.

The old lady sat there for quite some time and didn't get up. Isabelle had seen many news reports of kind-hearted people who help fallen elderly only to find themselves being hit, so she was a little worried about meddling in other people's business for fear of getting herself in trouble.

However, when she remembered it was New Year's Eve, and how the elderly person was just like her—alone on the streets without any family members to accompany her—she begun to pity her.

Isabelle hesitated for a moment, but eventually stood up and walked over. Before she could ask if the old lady was okay, the woman suddenly called out in surprise upon seeing her.

"Alex?"

Alex... such a familiar name. The words at the tip of Isabelle's tongue, suddenly paused.

But then, the old lady's expression grew erratic, as though she had seen her own family. She cheerfully reached her hand out and grabbed Isabelle's hand. "Where's Alex? Why hasn't he come to visit me for so long?"

Isabelle crouched down and took hold of the old lady to help her to the bench at the bus stop. "Grandma... which Alex do you mean?"

"Alex is Alex." The old lady, who originally looked delighted, suddenly became upset, as she desperately grabbed onto Isabelle. "Tell me, where's Alex? Why doesn't he come to visit me?"

The old lady's response was like she hadn't heard anything. As Isabelle escorted her to a seat under the bus stop, she glanced over at the promotional poster of Alexander behind them. She pointed at it and said, "Grandma, the Alex you mentioned, is that him?"

The old lady looked over at where Isabelle's fingers were for a while, then stood up. She got up closer and took a good hard look for moment, then raised her hands to touch the photo. "Alex, why haven't you come to visit grandma? You said you would come visit grandma once a week! Count for yourself, just how long has it been! You heartless man!"

The old lady muttered non-stop, but from her reactions, Isabelle could tell that the Alex she was talking about was the Alexander she had been looking for!

Was she Alexander's grandma?

Isabelle suddenly got excited and switched from 'grandma' to 'granny'. "Granny, do you know where Alexander is? Please, tell me! I've been looking for him everywhere but I can't find him. Where is he?"