XLIX

Isabelle froze when she heard someone calling her name. When she realized it was Sophia, she instinctively turned and saw, just a short two meters away, a masked women heading towards her with a dagger.

Everything happened too fast. Before Isabelle had time to process the situation, someone flew in from the side, shielding her. Due to the force, she stumbled backwards, her waist bumping into the basin. She frowned as a sharp pain spread through her. Just then, she heard the piercing of flesh and the drop of blood on the floor.

At that instant, the world stopped.

Isabelle didn't turn to look at the person in front of her, but she could recognize the familiar scent.

She looked past Sophia's shoulder to stare at Mrs. Williams.

Fresh blood splattered everywhere, staining the white mask she wore with big blotches of blood.

It was a frightening sight.

Isabelle's eyes widened, and her lips trembled. Slowly, she turned to look at Sophia, her face pale, breathing unstable.

She opened her mouth several times, before forcing out a single word, "Sis..."

In the silent environment, Isabelle could distinctively hear blood dropping onto the ground.

She lowered her head, realizing that there was a puddle of blood by her feet. The next moment, she seemed to have gone crazy, shouting at the top of her lungs, "Alexander, Alexander, Alexander..."

The more she shouted, the hoarser her voice became, breaking slightly towards the end.

Camila who was outside hurried in first. "What's wrong, Izz..."

The sight in the restroom startled her, her face paled and she swallowed her question, "Sophia... What happ....."

" Sophia, Sophia.... Don't scare me like that, don't do this..."

Isabelle hurriedly reached over to cover her wound, stopping the blood from oozing out, but still, the blood continued to flow relentlessly. Anxious tears started to stream down Isabelle's face, and even though she knew that she shouldn't vent her frustration elsewhere, she shouted at Camila, "Camila, are you dumb? Stop dreaming, why are you still in a daze? Hurry call for the ambulance and get Alexander..."

Her harsh tone seemed to have startled Camila out of her daze. Without thinking, she ran out shouting loudly, "Murder murder!

The dagger was already in Sophia's abdomen. When it was piercing through, Sophia had tried to struggle, holding onto it while Mrs. Williams tried to pry it off her hands but gave up in the end.

When she heard Isabelle's scream, she came back to her senses, laughing loudly as she stumbled backwards. Even though she had stabbed Sophia, she didn't seem to have realized it, mumbling continuously, "She's dead, she's dead! I finally killed that little slut, hahahaha..."

Mrs. Williams threw her head backwards, laughing maniacally.

The restroom door flew open, and Alexander stood there. He first shouted out "Izzy" before taking in the frightening scene.

"What happe...." Jake had followed behind. But before he could finish his sentence, he saw Sophia's blood soaked body. He swayed slightly, then rushed over. "Sophie?"

James stopped in his tracks. Before he could even begin to say anything, his gaze fell on the person with an audacious smirk.

Helen glanced over when she sensed him stopping. Following his gaze, she instantly recognized the person he was looking at. A deep sense of worry flowed into her eyes.