LVII

The person in charge of negotiating with Helen's cosmetics commercial was Chief Luo, but when James learned that she was interested in shooting the ad, he suddenly requested to personally discuss it with her.

When Chief Luo heard this, he was quite astonished, but seeing as James was Alexander's own brother, he imagined that he could negotiate for lower endorsement fees, so he agreed with no comments.

James didn't directly meet up with Helen but arranged for his secretary to first contact her. Once they discussed the details, then the terms had to be finalized. James waited for the signing of the contract face-to-face to show up.

His secretary and Helen's manager set up a meeting for Wednesday afternoon at The Capital Club.

At first, the secretary thought James would go together with him, but just as the clock turned twelve in the afternoon, James grabbed the documents from him, and set off on his own.

It was one o'clock when James arrived at The Capital Club, two hours before their meeting time.

He sent the waiter away and sat alone in the quiet room. He brought the contract out and stared at the writing.

In truth, he didn't pay attention to a word of the terms, but flipped through the pages like a robot. After he went through over a hundred pages, the sound of high heels came from outside the room. With that, the door opened and the waiter's polite and gentle voice was heard. "Please come in."

James instinctively looked up from the contract to see Helen elegantly walk into the room like an arrogant queen, as she did in the past. She took just a few steps forward when she suddenly stopped in her tracks upon seeing him.

Behind her, her manager also came to a stop. When she saw James, she was dazed for a moment, before coming back to her sense. She greeted him, "Hello, Chief Williams."

When Helen heard her manager's voice, she snapped back to reality. She continued to walk as swiftly as she had done before, then she pulled out the chair opposite James's and calmly took her seat.

The waiter walked forward and handed them a drinks menu.

James didn't ask for Helen's opinions, but flipped through two pages and ordered a pot of Biluochun tea.

Soon enough, the waiter brought the tea forward.

James waved his hand, to signal for the attendant to leave, then he personally poured three cups of tea, and brought a cup for Helen and her assistant.

Helen didn't utter a word, but her assistant gave a soft, "Thank you."

The sweet aroma of Biluochun filled the room.

Neither James nor Helen spoke a word.

Her manager looked at him, then back again at Helen. After struggling for a while, all she could do was put on a bold face and break the silence. "Chief Williams, the contract... have you read it?"

James gave a nod. "Yes, I have."

The manager continued to ask, "I wonder if Chief Williams perhaps has any objections to the terms Helen has proposed?"

James said straightforwardly in a flat tone, "No."

"Then about the endorsement commission, Chief Luo offered five millions at first. Even though our Helen has disappeared from the scene for three years and her popularity isn't as it was before, she can still cause quite the stir by suddenly taking this commercial. And so, after some consideration, we believe the commission should be no less that six million."

"No problem." James had no interest in negotiating, so he agreed without a second thought.

"Then, Chief Williams, can you please amend the offer and sign now?" As the manager asked, she flipped the pages of the contract.