LV

[James, I really wish I could show you my past self, to let you know how much you've changed me since you entered my life.]

Two and a half years later.

Three years ago, Isabelle had entered a competition for the female lead role in a Hollywood movie, today, the filming was finally over.

Alexander abandoned all his work, placed Albert in the care of Sophia and James before personally heading over to America to bring Isabelle back.

The movie had gone on for five whole months. In between, the longest Isabelle had stayed with Albert was less than a week. Even though she would talk with him everyday online, but the moment she alighted, she continuously rushed Alexander to bring her back.

Once the car stopped, she pushed the doors open impatiently, rushing into the house, shouting out for Albert. The moment she reached the living area, she scanned it before heading upstairs in search of him. Finally, she found him in the toy room with Sophia lying in front of him as he played with Lego.

Albert was the one piecing it together while Sophia acted as an assistant, passing him the pieces according to his orders.

"Aunt, I want the pale U shape one."

"Yellow L shape."

"Purple S shape."

"Aunt, it's purple, not orange!"

Isabelle chuckled. "Albert!" Rushing forward, she caught him into her embrace.

Albert kissed her face obediently before greeting her, "Mommy."

Wriggling out of her embrace, he grabbed her arm, indicating for her to play Lego with him. In a much softer and gentler tone, he asked, "Mommy, could you pass me the blue E shaped one?"

"Mommy, please pass me..."

"Mommy, thank you, could you pass me..."

When Sophia saw the obvious preferential treatment, she burst into laughter. "Hey, Izzy, look at Alexander, being a hen-pecked husband isn't enough, he's going to have his son a mommy's boy..."

Isabelle glanced at her sideways, a faint smile on her lips as she passed a black piece to the boy.

Just then, she seemed to have thought of something. She lifted her eyes to glance at Sophia. "Oh right, next week I'm going to send Albert to school, do you have time tomorrow? Let's go shopping."

"Sure." Sophia laid down on the mat, raising the toy gun high up. "Did James get this for Albert?"

"Mmh."

Isabelle lowered her head to pass Albert another piece.

"Aye, I don't know what's with James. I feel like he's changed a lot these last few years. In the past, he used to love going out. Whenever he was bored, he would ask us to go out, but now, even if you called him out, he wouldn't move. What's more, have you not noticed how distant he is around everyone now. He truly is Alexander's biological brother. He seems a little like how he was back then...

"But then again, James is quite close to Albert. He looks at him like he's his own son. It's called spoiling him with love. He must've bought the majority of toys in this room right? In the past, I didn't figure that James liked children. How comes after one of us got one, he turned out to be the one who spoils the kid the most!

"He's thirty already and unmarried. Say, as his older brother and sister-in-law, why can't you two go talk to him... He walks around by himself all day. He looks so pitiful..."

Sophia let out sigh after sigh, then threw the gun in her hands to one side. "It's time for Albert to drink milk now. I'll go down to heat it up."

After hearing Sophia moan for so long, Isabelle finally said, "I'll go, you stay here with Albert."