Homecoming

Today was the homecoming party and with all the stress and trying to figure out who she was Skye had agreed to help Caroline set up the dance.

"All done care. And now it's time to get ready" the redhead smiled "how about you get ready at mine" Caroline asked out of the blue knowing she needed to keep Scarlett away from the boarding house "yea sure okay my dress is in my car so I guess we can go straight to yours" she smiled at the blonde who she had always been fond of.

After arriving at Caroline's they start to get ready "so... what's going on with you and Klaus" the blonde nudged "it's all very complicated... since I've got my memories back it's really hard to figure out who I am now" she spoke solemnly "hey. No matter what your still Skye. The same Skye who never made fun of me for being insecure and the one who was there for me when the Matt thing happened, the same Skye who helped me when my dad left because you knew what it felt like" as she spoke Skye started to feel tears threaten to fall as she softly smiled "Caroline I've missed you. And I'm so sorry I haven't been around much I've been selfish and I'm so sorry" she said sincerely "hey no don't apologise. You just got over 1000 years worth of memories back and you have your powers back, you have every right to be selfish right now" she hugged the blonde as a tear fell "you have no idea how much that means to me" she smirks and Caroline hugs her tightly. Guilt setting in "do you... love him" she asks when they separate "I've always loved him Care. But I lived a whole other life without him. I fell in-love with someone else and now I feel like I betrayed him. When we were first turned I made a promise to him that I would never stop loving him. Then I died and forgot him completely now... now I don't know what to do. Of course I still love him. But there's still so much I need to know and find out" Caroline sighs but then tilts her head "like what" she asks "to sum it up.. mason wasn't my dad. I'm not related to Tyler, mason found me as a baby and took me in and I blamed him for so long as the dad who left me. When he wasn't even my real father... I need to know who my parents were. I need to know who I am" Caroline's eyes widen "I'll help you any way I can" she smiles brightly and Skye embraces her again "thank you Caroline. I don't know what I'd do without you" she was more satisfied when talking to Caroline than Elena because not only did elena have a motive, she didn't offer support and guidance like Caroline did. She was eternally grateful to have a friend like Caroline.

During her time away she missed her. And she missed out on a lot, this hurt her but at the same time the distance that had grown between her and the group meant that joining klaus and admitting her love for him was that much more enticing to her. She longed for him but her guilt and feat held her back.

Suddenly she heard the blonde shriek "Caroline!" She yelled and she turned to see her on the phone "what do you mean it was flooded?!" She yelled and Scarlett sighed "now what?" Caroline continued and the red head heard Tyler say the party was now going to take place at the Lockwood mansion and she had a feeling something was wrong.

The girls had finally arrived at the mansion and it was packed, kegs everywhere along with drunken teens causing Skye to scoff at them. She took a slow walks round taking in the sights. Girls grinding on guys and which just made her feel sick, she had caught up with Stefan and he smiled at the girl "wow. You look great Skye!" She hugged him "you too Stef. How is everything?" He frowned "well. I think elena has feelings for Damon.... sorry I know he's your ex" she laughed softly "I don't care what Damon does. I'm the one that left him. But hey... I'm sorry. You deserve better Stefan" he smiled and for a moment he wondered what it would be like if he had gotten to her first. Maybe Damon wouldn't have broken her heart all over again but he snaps out of it when he realises it's too late. She's seen klaus and will no doubt go back to him. After some small talk Stefan excused himself so Skye decided to go and find a drink.

She walked out into the garden and saw some people she recognised but couldn't quite place, she walked over to the table to get some punch. It was red and definitely laced, she heard a small gasp behind her and when she turned she was met by someone she never thought she'd see again..