Second chance

Skye wakes up dressed in her favourite red dress in the meadow field she played in as a child

She looks around her in awe and fear "I'm dead aren't I" she asks as she senses a presence behind her "no

She looks around her in awe and fear "I'm dead aren't I" she asks as she senses a presence behind her "no...not yet" she didn't recognise the voice so she turned to see an older woman with brown hair "then why am I here" she asks the woman "because my child your near death. But you can go back" the woman steps closer "the power you hold inside is still living... repeat after me.. constituent lustrantes nexum....inter mortuos ac i" she tells the girl and Skye recites it "your link to the Hunter is gone now and you may return to your body" she smiles "how..." Skye asks confused "I have nothing to go back too"  she sighs not knowing what to do with herself about Niklaus "trust me child. You have a lot in store for you. Go back now I will be here to guide you" the brown haired woman smiled "who are you" Skye asks as she felt herself being pulled away "you know  who I am" she smiles before everything goes white.

Skye gasped and opened her eyes as she took in her surroundings and she saw Elijah and Rebekah crying around her as she sat up the siblings looked at her in shock "my rose" Elijah softly stroked her face as if to see if she was real "where's Nik" she says softly as if she was hoping to get a different answer to the one in her head. Elijah just looked to the floor while Rebekah covered her mouth sobbing "no....no...NO!" She screamed as tears cascaded down her face and harsh sobs broke through her chest "Elijah tell me he's alive..tell me he's still alive!" She screamed but Elijah just brought the girl into his arms as she screamed and cried into his shoulder on the floor "I need him.... he can't be dead he can't be!" She wept and elijah cried with his head on top of hers "I'm so sorry my rose. I couldn't save him. This is my fault" she shook her head "no it's not. If I had killed myself when I had the chance it would've stopped Alaric. I could've saved him..." she looked up at the man she saw as her brother "and Niklaus would not have been able to live without you my rose" she wept still "but at least I would've come back.  Your mother thinks it a blessing but it's torture. I don't want to live without him lijah but I have no choice. Your mother cursed me to never find peace. To never have a choice on wether I live or die" Elijahs heart broke at the sight of the girl in front of him. But then she got up and ran Elijah went to follow but Rebekah stopped him "let me elijah. I can help her" she said still crying as she left to follow her sister.

Rebekah found Skye near the Gilbert residence. She assumed that Skye wanted revenge but she was in fact wrong

Skye had knocked on the door and Damon let her in as he was shocked to see her alive she went straight to the couch "Alaric is still dead don't worry." She spoke as he sat next to her "klaus is gone...and I can't die" she said with tear stains on her face "I didn't know where to go... I used to come here when Tyler and I would fight or when my dad forgot my birthday or something. Elena would call the girls over and we'd have a slumber party and they'd make me feel better..... I don't know why I'm here nothing can make me feel better about this" Damon grasped her hand in his "your not alone you still have elijah and Rebekah... you still have me..." she turned to look up at him "how can you still care... after everything I've said to you and done. After I chose my old life over this one. I stand by my decision but I don't understand. How can you still be nice to me" she cried "because you saved my life last night Skye and I don't know how I'm still here but you were willing to take a chance and save me. That means there's still a part of you that cares. And as someone who has done a lot of bad and still been forgiven. I can forgive you... because I hurt you just as much as you did me" she lays her head on his shoulder when Elena comes downstairs Skye stands and looks at her when something clicks "your a vampire" she spoke and Elena looked to the floor "in transition" Skye suddenly couldn't breath and ran out of the house only to run into Rebekah "there you are. I've been looking for you Skye. Please don't leave like that I'm worried about you" but before Skye could respond someone stakes Rebekah and whacks Skye with the butt of a gun knocking her unconscious.

Skye awakens in the back of a van "what's going on" she spoke wearily "they think your a vampire" Skye rolls her eyes "could my day get any better" she looks at the blonde in front of her before the van starts to shake and it finally tips over causing Skye to scream and cover her face. The door is ripped from its hinges revealing Tyler "TY your here oh my god your still alive I didn't know if you would be" she exclaims before he rips the chains off her and pulls her out of the van before whispering something to Rebekah that she couldn't hear "keep them busy little sister" he spoke and Rebekah knew it was Jim but Skye didn't hear what he said she was just happy to see Tyler alive. Which made her think that klaus might still be somewhere.

Tyler sped them too the woods "ty I'd your still here then maybe klaus is still alive" she smiled with glee "you've got that right my love" he spoke and that's when she knew. It was him.