13. Jake

It took me a looooong time, I know and I'm sorry, but I'm back!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, which by the way contains smut, which by the way was reviewed by @michaalien. Thanks for beta-ing me, darling.

--

As the car moves, the trees look like they're running. The sun moves down in a slow pace, painting the sky orange as it sets for the day. By Jake's side, Josh lightly snores. He fell asleep only two minutes after entering the car. Jake didn't expect anything different from his brother, he had run across the beach like a kid the whole day and his eyes were giving away how tired he was once they got back to the hotel to pack.

Jake's phone buzzes and the boy almost misses it because of the sounds coming from his brother. When he looks to the screen, a smile lights his face. Olivia's text shines, a heart emoji, just a single red heart that makes his own flutter. Jake starts typing down a reply, but an urge to hear her voice makes him delete the unfinished text and dial the number he already knows by heart.

"Hey, there." Olivia sounds sexy on the phone, like she's leaning in, whispering in his ear. Jake can almost feel her breath hitting his neck. "You coming back already?"

"Yeah, I'm in the car right now."

"How was the trip?" She asks.

"It was nice, the festival was pretty cool and we went to the beach today. I'm tired though."

"Too tired to come spend the night with me?" A smirk tugs his lips, he shivers imagining her mouth doing just the same.

"I'm never too tired for you, Olivia." Brian, Josh's classmate, eye him through the rearview mirror, a devilish smile painted on his face. "You still alone?"

"I am, Joy is coming back tomorrow night."

"Well, twenty more minutes and I'll be there with you, ok?"

"Ok. I'll be waiting, my love." My love. She's never called him that before. Jake can barely hear her saying goodbye before hanging up, her voice is muffled by his heart thumping loud inside his ears.

"Was that Olivia Lawrence?" The voice takes Jake out of his trance. Brian's eyes stare at him through the mirror again and he's still smirking. Lucas, the other classmate, chuckles from his place at the passenger seat. Brian, takes his eyes back to the road, but Jake can see he's waiting for an answer.

"It was. I didn't know you were acquaintances."

"We just met once in a bar, but she's quite popular. She flirted with me the whole night, practically undressed me with her eyes only to leave with my friend. Stupid bitch." The last part is a whisper, but enough for Jake to feel his blood boiling inside his veins.

"First of all, she's not a bitch. And second, I'm pretty sure she wasn't intentionally flirting with you mate, that just happens to be the way she talks to everyone."

Jake tries to remain calm, voice steady, but he shakes as his eyes moves to the window, watching the road to avoid Brian's gaze.

"So you're dating?" Brian asks.

"We are," Jake says harshly, although he himself is not really sure. Lucas chuckles again. "What?" Asks Jake.

"Nothing," Lucas begins. "It's just weird that you're dating. She told me she doesn't do boyfriends and usually don't even sleep with the same guy twice unless it's really good."

"So you know her?"

"Well, I've been there, if you know what I mean." Jake can't see Lucas' face, but he can hear his smirk. "Twice, actually. Guess it was really good."