Watermelon Sugar

Baby, you're the end of June.

July 19th 2017

It had been more than a month since Harry and Elizabeth had seen each other in real life. Harry did call Elizabeth almost every day, not getting enough of her. Plus, she was the only one that was able to put his loneliness aside for a while. He had a reason to smile when he was not on stage because Elizabeth would send him funny pictures of animals and stupid videos that she found hilarious. So it was only natural for Harry to do the same and send her funny things in return.

They had gotten to know each other in the last month. Harry had learned that Elizabeth wasn't really keen on high tech stuff and that her favourite food was spaghetti. He had learned that her favourite colour is baby blue and also yellow and that she has yellow pants that she wears on a blue shirt. She told herself that it looked great, but it actually looks ridiculous on her so she only wears it around her home. He also learned that she didn't like to sleep in because it made her moody.

Elizabeth learned that Harry was afraid of little spaces and that he was really humble about his career. She learned that his favourite drink is iced tea, but only the green kind, because it reminds him of home. She also learned that he loves to wear boots even in the summer because he thinks his feet are not made for slippers.

Harry had learned that he couldn't do anything without letting Elizabeth know first. That was why he called her just before his concert was about to start. Elizabeth was in the midst of preparing her dinner, there was a slight time difference between New York and San Jose, so Elizabeth had to think twice before she realised that his show hadn't started yet and he was actually calling her.

"Hey stranger," She chirped, chopping the carrots before adding it to the boiling water. "How are you?"

Harry felt happy hearing her voice, but he wanted more, he wanted to see her. "I'm good, can you facetime?"

Elizabeth turned her camera on and placed her phone in front of her, so she could still cook. "I'm cooking dinner," She told him proudly, Harry looked at her rosy cheeks, her hair fell around her face and it had to hold himself back from telling her how beautiful she is.

"I miss home cooked meals," He told Elizabeth honestly, while his stylist called out to him to get dressed.

"Shit," He mumbled and frowned to herself. "I have to go get dressed, I'll take you with me." Elizabeth chuckled as he jumped up and walked into a room, sitting down into one of the chairs while his stylist started working on his hair.

"Maybe I should make you a homemade dinner on our date?" Elizabeth suggested, not thinking about it too much and even though Harry would love it, he already had plans for them.

"I already have plans," He told Elizabeth and before she could open her mouth, Harry beat her to it. "And no, I'm not telling you what we're going to do."

Elizabeth pouted slightly and grabbed the chicken out of the package to put it in the oven. Her movements were quick because she knew Harry wouldn't have much time to talk to her. "That's not fair," She whined, pressing the timer on her oven and focusing back on Harry.

He watched her with adoration-filled eyes, Elizabeth wouldn't notice the looks he would give her but she had the same look on her face whenever his name was mentioned. "Can you believe we've been talking for a month now," Harry asked her, feeling all sentimental.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes playfully, partly wishing Harry was here right now so she could feebly hit his chest for making her blush. "You're a sap," She groaned slightly, being interrupted by his stylist as she told him that he needed to get dressed.