Cherry

I noticed there's a piece of you in how I dress.

September 15th 2019

Harry felt some kind of relief as he got off the plane at JFK, he was back in New York after months of travelling and writing. He felt better, not great, but better. He had stopped checking Elizabeth's social media the day he left and he actually felt proud that he didn't once search her name.

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket as he waited for his luggage, the earbuds in his ear shut him out completely and he couldn't help but reminisce about the time he met Elizabeth here. It was the first time he had been in the arrival hall of New York after he had broken up with Elizabeth, which had been over a year ago now. Still, there is a part in him that somehow hopes Elizabeth and him would meet again in some afterlife and get the happy ending they truly deserve. 

He opened up his contacts and tapped on the only person he kept in touch with every now and then while he was away, besides his family.

From Harry -
Landed safely, you got any plans tomorrow?

He got his suitcase and made his way out of the airport, trying to be as incognito as possible. It didn't take long for him to walk into the arrival hall, his eyes bulging out of his pockets as he saw two people, clearly waiting for him. A grin covered his face as he went in for a hug. "I just texted you," He told them, feeling happy to see them after so long.

"You don't think Camilla would let you take a cab home now, do you?" Lucas chuckled as he grabbed Harry's suitcase out of his hands. "How was Italy?" Camilla asked him excitingly. "Good, wrote a lot and caught up with some friends, it was relaxing."

Camilla and Lucas listened intently at Harry as he told them a story, Harry followed them towards Lucas' black Mercedes. "I almost finished the new album, still working on some songs though and I might write some new ones, but I've recorded most of them. Actually, I'm hoping to finish it by December," Harry casually told them, hopping into their car. "That's great, when will we get to hear your album?"

Harry chuckled slightly as Camilla's curious eyes stared at him. "When it comes out," He shrugged, making Camilla pout. "Really? Can't we get a sneak peek?" Harry shook his head, raking a hand through his curls and reminding himself once again that he needs another haircut.

Truth is, Harry wouldn't have a problem with letting them hear a little sneak peek, but he was scared. Camilla and Lucas had gotten to know Harry quite well over the last few years and they would know what the album is about. Who the album is about. Almost all of his songs were about Elizabeth, maybe one track isn't really about her, but then again he only thought about her while writing it. Harry had spent months in Italy, writing songs about her and then he went to LA so he could dive in the studio and sing his ass off.

He decided he needed a little break from singing and writing, so he wanted to come to New York. He would have to face this city and its memories one way or another, so when Camilla texted him that she and Lucas missed him, he planned a trip to New York to meet up with them.

"Are you hungry?" Lucas asked Harry and he nodded. "Great, Camilla and I were planning on going to a new restaurant downtown, want to join?"

"That sounds great," Harry answered, excitingly as he watched the city go by. It had been a little less than a year since he had last been here and he felt quite at ease. Being in the company of Camilla and Lucas also helped him ease his nerves. "We're here," Lucas announced, parking his car in the empty spot and looking ahead of him.

Harry stepped out and looked around for a second, this place was close to his house. He hadn't been there in so long and he actually felt excited to go back there. The place Lucas had taken Camilla and Harry was some cosy, Mexican restaurant. They got a secluded booth in the back and talked all night. Harry told them about things that had happened while he was away, while Lucas and Camilla informed him about things that had happened while he was away. Not once was Elizabeth mentioned in their conversation.