To Be So Lonely

Don't blame me for falling.

December 18th 2018

"Elizabeth, you forgot to close the blinds again," Harry groaned, rolling over and wrapping his arm around the girl in his bed. Suddenly he realised it wasn't Elizabeth laying next to him and that he wasn't at her house but at his. There was actually some random girl in his bed that he met last night at a club.

Harry arrived at the club already feeling slightly drunk from the bottle of wine he had earlier that evening. The blinding lights and loud music made Harry believe that he wasn't alone for a second. He went up to the bar and asked 2 shots, downing them immediately and ordering two more. The girl in his bed, he believed her name was Tia or Tina had been ogling at him ever since he had downed his first shot. She knew that one way or another, she would end up in his bed.

After drinking himself into oblivion, the girl went up to him and tried to communicate with him. Harry was beyond drunk to the point that he didn't see clearly anymore. Harry was looking for a girl that could take his mind of off Elizabeth and this girl looked like she would be the perfect option for him. Last night, she looked slightly like her but now that he can see her in the daylight, and less drunk, she doesn't look anything like Elizabeth.

Her hair was darker and her skin was lighter and she didn't have the freckles Elizabeth had. He realised how stupid he was, thinking that Elizabeth would be laying next to him. They haven't spoken since that awful, gloomy day at the Beachwood Cafe and he terribly missed her. The girl opened her eyes, her dreams had come through last night, she had banged the Harry Styles. She didn't care that Harry got her name wrong, she was just happy that she had actually done it.

"It's Tina," She muttered softly, sitting up. She didn't cover herself up for Harry, that girl was pretty confident about her body so she felt no need. "You mind if I take a shower?"

Harry wanted to tell her that he did mind but that wasn't in his nature. After all, he was still a gentleman. "Uhm yeah, it's the third door on your right."

"Thanks," She smiled gracefully and it almost reminded him of Elizabeth. He didn't wait in his bedroom, instead, he went downstairs and looked at the mess he made last night. Last night was surely his dipping point, there was still a rolled-up bill on the table from the line he had used yesterday to forget about her. He ignored the mess and walked into his kitchen, opening up his fridge. But who was he kidding? He slammed the fridge shut, not wanting any breakfast. He walked towards the mahogany cupboards where he could still see her sitting figure, while they talked about music and bands endlessly.

That's what he loved about her, she always had an honest opinion on music. She would listen to the ugliest hits and still give it a chance before telling him it was utter bullshit. He could still hear humming along to a soft ballad she fell in love with and played on repeat. Or she would endlessly discuss one-hit-wonders, it was her weakness. She had the best taste in music, from alternative to poppy and from rock to jazz.

"Bullshit," He mumbled under his breath, shaking his head. He opened a cupboard grabbing a bottle of whiskey and taking a swig from it. He sauntered over to his couch, plopping down and just drinking straight from the bottle, daydreaming about other times where he was still happy.

It didn't take Tina long to shower, she was out and downstairs in twenty minutes. She thought that Harry might be in the mood to do something with her but as she called out his name, Harry felt himself dreading that talk. "What are your plans today?"

"Look," Harry sighed softly, raking a hand through his curls that needed a shower. "I don't want to be a douche but this was a one-time thing."

Tina looked down at the dress she wore last night, Harry had taken it off so willingly which made her shoulders drop slightly as she heard his words. It's not like she didn't expect this but it still hurt her ego in some kind of way. "Yeah, that's alright. I'm gonna go then," She told him, Harry only nodded, taking another sip from the bottle of whiskey. If he kept on drinking like this, it would only be a matter of time until he would lose control over his body.