c h a p t e r - n i n e

SUHO

3 months later,

I looked at the locked bathroom door. I heard my wife throwing up. It's been almost 2 weeks especially in the morning. When I asked if she's okay or not, she said she's okay, maybe she ate something she shouldn't eat. When I said I wanna bring her to clinic, she refused, telling me that she's tired. She even got so sensitive and easily cried lately. She said she's sensitive with the wine's smell. The worst part is, she refused to do love making with me! I mean.. even if she refused before this, ended up we're doing it. But.. we stopped for 3 months. 3 freaking months!

I saw Chorong walking out from the bathroom. I took her and put her on the bed, she looks so weak and pale as if she didn't eat for 3 days. I lied down on the bed and she snuggled closer to me. I put my arms around her, looking at her with a soft smile. She looked at me, smiling. I'm worried, she looks so pale as if she's sick. I kissed her forehead.

"You look pale, sweetie. Let's go to the clinic"

"Okay, let me change first"

I left the room after kissing Chorong's forehead. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes... after 20 minutes, I started to worry. Why is she taking so long? What if.. my wife fainted? No, no. I hold the doorknob, good sign she didn't lock it. I entered the room and saw my wife sitting on the bed, leaning her head against the headboard. I took her hands and hold them. They were cold. I looked at her.

"Your hands are cold"

"It's nothing, honey. Let's go"

I helped her to stand up and put my arm on her back, pulling her to me. I heard she chuckled, but I just ignored it. I started my Maybach engine and opened the car door for Chorong. After both of us hop into the car, I drove straight to Hankuk Hospital. I parked my car and realized that my wife is pouting. I looked away, she's sulking. Well.. I will ask her later. We made our way to the counter to set up an appointment with Dr Hong. I tried to hold my laugh when I realized that Chorong was glaring at the nurse. Oh my God, my wife is angry and jealous. We sat on the chairs provided. I tried to pull her closer, but she insisted. So, I came closer to her.

"You lied"

"What.. oh, okay. Well, of course I have to lie. I know you don't like hospitals"

"Hmm. And, what is wrong with that nurse?"

"Look who's jealous here" I said, still holding my laugh. Chorong hit my chest, softly.

Look at how cute my wife is

"Let's go to see the doctor"

Chorong nodded and we walked to Dr Hong's room. I opened the door and saw Doctor Hong looking at her computer. She looked up and smiled to us. Chorong and I took the seats in front of her and smiled. She closed the files in front of her and looked at us.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Kim"

"Hi, doc. Well, my wife isn't okay for this past few weeks. I hope you can help us"

"I'll try. So Mrs Kim, what actually happened to you?"

"Well, I kept on vomitting for these past few weeks. I started having allergy towards some foods that are smelly. I got very sensitive with the wine's smell. I lost my mood, cry easier, get angry easier. The worst part is, my period hasn't come for 3 months!"

I saw a smile appeared on Dr Hong's face. "Come and follow me. Mr Kim, you wait here"

I pouted as they left. Well, it's not like I just know Dr Hong yesterday. She's like a mom for me and after mom's death, we became really close. I call her omma when I was a kid, but.. it became awkward for me as I grow up. I know that it may hurt her a little because she had no child at all. Yes, she's sterile and her husband is dead. That's why she worked in maternity department. She wanna hold the babies. After few minutes, they came back in the room with a wide smile. Why? What happened? Chorong sat beside me with a smile.