XII.

The trip to Sami Thicket proved easier than the one going to the Sifan Coast. Maybe it was because the trip before ended on a note of success on their end or perhaps it was because the objective now was to kill two birds with one stone.

The Spriton and the Drenchen.

Soraya and Naia landed upon the plains of tall wheat which fluttered against every puff of the breeze. Kylan situated his satchel properly across his chest, dusted his bangs so they looked somewhat descent and casted his gentle gaze towards the other's- towards his friends. Never had he any friends for his mannerisms and the fact that all of Sami Thicket pitied him for the death of his parents- but the three that stood before him and the four that remained in spirit had given him the experience of what it was like to truly be surrounded by those who cared. Clearing his throat, the song teller gave his farewells. "Well, this is where we part- uh..." Gurjin stepped forward to pat the shorter gelflings shoulder- a tad bit roughly for the Spriton but nonetheless appreciated. "C'mon cheer up! We will see each other again." You're always welcome to come with us, Sog has plenty of room." Naia offered calmly.

If it were any other day, Kylan would have gladly accepted with no hesitation but he his own personal mission to accomplish. For Thra, for his friends, for his clan and for himself. "Maybe when all of this is over but for now- Farewell, Bold Gurjin, Fierce Naia and Perceptive Soraya." Soraya bowed her head and with one last triumphant nod- the song teller was on his way through the wheat stalks.

"Where does your path lead you, princess?" Naia questioned.

"I wish to speak with Maudra Laesid." Soraya folded her hands in front of her abdomen, watching the way the twins exchanged a silent conversation through their eyes and change of expression. She and Seladon used to do that over important dinners when the elders of the court would come to visit, often getting reprimanded by their mother for acting as if they were born with half a brain. "Very well-"

"Naia-"

"Swamp of Sog isn't very far- Gurjin and I will take to the canopies... you can fly far better than me so I'm sure you won't have a problem doing so till we've reached the borders of our home?" Naia ignored her brothers attempt at rebutting her decision. Soraya nodded, although her wings have grown tired from the weight of her flight she couldn't imagine how it felt for Naia who never really used her wings for such tasks. "Thank you, I promise not to stay long. I'm sure after all you've been through- rest and respite are the first things on your mind when returning home." Naia pursed her lips but remained silent. Gurjin, however wasn't going to be left unheard for he had his own questions. "Why do you want to see our mother?"

"She is the closest Maudra to Maudra Fara than my mother and with my mother's death- the only gelfling who could try and convince Fara to see the truth." Soraya watched as the tension that lined the former castle guards shoulders ease away. "You know we could do that- deliver the message. We are just as capable as you."

"I never doubted you weren't. But having a Vapran- someone who'd rather face humiliation in broad daylight then dare step foot in the swamps seems to project the severity of the situation." Gurjin opened his mouth, closed it, opened it then slammed it shut with a hum. "Fair enough, let's go." Naia shook her head but followed her brother as he trudged through the wheat stalks. Soraya couldn't help the small grin that broke along her lips as she unfolded her wings and took to the sky. From below she could see the ever tall wheat stalks shake and bustle as the twins made their way towards the outer border of Sog. The princess glided downwards till she hovered just above Gurjin's head. "If Makrak's still roamed the top's of Thra you would definitely be an easy target."

Gurjin scoffed, glancing over his head with pursed lips. "Makrak's don't target gelflings or anything for that matter."

"Then it seems luck is on your side. But if I was something large and hungry you would look and sound like a very promising meal." Soraya dodged the tall Drenchen as his hands swooped up to grab her, laughter crinkling the edges of her eye's. Gurjin made a mad dash through the wheat to try and catch the princess, leaving Naia in his dust and alone to think. A lot has happened over these days- from forming a rescue team to save her brother with the silverling Tavra and Kylan, get transported to Dream Space and given the task of beginning a revolution, saving Rian from the clutches of Chamberlain only to turn around and liberate another Skeksis carriage with gelfling hostages then to finally travel across several territories of Thra to deliver the beacons of truth. But the path they walk was far from over, no- it has only begun.