Chapter 1

lacie POV

Slowly waking up, I opened my eyes to the same view of the ceiling that I came to know since entering the castle, turning on my side I can see the Sunlight passing through the window, I can also hear the sounds of birds standing on the terrace. As usual I am waiting for the maids to assist me. Unintentionally; a sigh came out from my lips.

"Its been one month now" I muttered as I lay on my back.

That's right, its been one month since my wedding to the king of our country, Claude de Alger Obelia current emperor of the Empire of Obeliabut. But honestly speaking I really can't call the ceremony as a wedding, as soon as its was over I realized that it was the only moment that I will see my husband. This is a marriage that I didn't want or approve but I know I don't have a choice in  the matter, and I am sure its not what his majesty wanted. 

Flashback 

"Once the engagement is formed we will speed with the preparation of the wedding"

 This marriage was the idea of my grandparents, as in their days where were a nobles who stood next to the royal family, but after the death of my mother we moved to the rural side of the country when I was ten years old. I grow up as a happy child or as I wanted to show my grandparents as they are my only family and I didn't want them to feel my loneliness. At the age of 17, they talked to me about the the marriage with his majesty, since theirs a an old promise between the elders of the family. At first I know I didn't have the option to refuse  and secondly I didn't want to hurt them as they think of my own future.

I was lucky enough that,  the the marriage didn't proceed since there is a lot of internal fights inside the castle, and to add to it the matter, emperor lost his lover who gave birth to his child. I was fine either-way and the issue of my marriage was closed until my grandmother Elizabeth, passed away in the cold winter.  The next phase of my life was hard but I know Grandfather Edward couldn't have it harder than me. We lived our lives, Grandfather started returning to the capital going back and forth, and one day he came back telling that, the marriage that was put on hold is accepted by his majesty, This time I voiced my thoughts for the first time.

"Must I have this marriage"  I spoke those words looking directly at my Grandfather

"listen to me my child " he took my hand in his as he spoke " I know this isn't what you want, but believe me its the only way that left for me, I am old now and no one will be left to stay with you, so please do this for me"

For the first time in a while I looked at his face, and I was able to see the tiredness and weakness, these signs was more than enough to make me close my mouth and never argue again. 

End of flashback 

 A knock on the door return me to myself, and as usual

"Come in" as I know who is outside 

"Good morning your your highness" a maid came in, her name is Charlotte with a orange hair and green eyes wearing a normal maid uniform, followed by another maid with a brown hair and black eyes, her name is Lucy. 

"No need to be so formal" I smile a them, they are only two people who I talk to since coming here, the only maids who live with me in this small palace.   

 "How can we" they bow to me as they help me getting ready

 As I wash my face, I see myself in the mirror, white skin with red eyes and a long black hair, not many people has red eyes and the fact that I didn't look like my mother was another story that I don't like to remember.  

 After finishing my preparing, I go outside to have my breakfast, at first I didn't feel right about having a breakfast alone, but I got used to it.   

"What would you like to do after?" Charlotte asks me as she pours me tea

"The same, I may read a book or knit something" I reply as I know that what I can do is limited

"How about taking a walk around the castle"Lucy suggest to me, but I know why she is suggesting it, because since I came here I only stay in my palace, there is only one time that I was walking and I heard the maids gossiping about me 

"The new queen has no power..."

"She isn't loved or favored..."

"The emperor didn't spend the wedding night and she was abandoned" 

"She was sent to live in a small palace away.."

After hearing those gossips, I understood my place here very well, so I denied this suggestion immediately.

"No need, just here is enough for me" I can see the worry on their faces, but I am really fine as I live without any problems. and I spend the rest of my morning talking with my two only friends and later with a book that I have brought with me. 

After some Time 

I don't feel the time as I finish the book in my head, and I don't see Charlotte or Lucy anywhere so I head outside. The surroundings are like a small forest, I not sure I know where I am walking, but I hope I know the way back.

At the end of my walk I find a big lake, the scenery is like a natural master piece, I feel like I am the only person in this world, or so I thought. 

 Athanasia POV

 Today as well I go to see my new mommy, after I finish breakfast. Before one month the maids were talking that my father his majesty got married and she will become my new mommy since I don't have one, till now she didn't come to see me so I decided to go and see her

"Maybe my mommy don't like me"

I asked the maids to take me to her but they always give me excuses, so I searched for her and found her.

"My Mommy is pretty"    is it okay if I go to her?

With these thoughts the young princess goes everyday to watch her new mommy, without getting close, afraid that her mother may not like her, as she aware that her father don't love her, for now she is happy watching from afar. She now know that her mommy 

1. Eat her breakfast outside in the morning

2. Tea time & talking with the maids 

3. Read a book on the terrasse   

The young princess goes back later at night. And today she couldn't go out at the same time as lily was with her specking about starting her lessons, she came to her usual hiding spot at the same time she sees her mommy come out from her palace and start walking toward the forest.

End of Chapter 1

--------

In the next chapter will be their meeting 

I hope you like and enjoy reading the story & write me your comments to encourage me to continue and update