prologue. the prophecy

disclaimer: this is a work of fiction. names, characters, places, events, locales, literature and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

prologue. the prophecy

 the prophecy

+ JISOO

Drowning myself in shredding thoughts of void as if it consummates my wishful thinking of not having to confront, probably, the greatest mistake I've made in my thousand years of existence.

Worst of all, it was breathing, it was with flesh, it was well with gravity⁠—it was human!

"You really just saved her." Lisa dropping her jaw, perhaps, feeling tripped with my actions. "You know disobeying the order of the ce-"

"Oh, shut it. I know. I fucking know." I slapped my forehead, thinking of the god tier dilemma I just made. Even my wings hurt thinking about it.

I flew into a hotel room in Hotel de-Paris Monte Carlo, together with Lisa, my fallen accomplice and my human, Jennie, who is apparently lying in bed, still drenched in saltwater.

"What did that Dead man even injected in your mind?" Lisa, who I assume, was more panicking than me  asked. "He said I could make a choice..." I directly said as I just gaze into my unconscious human. Jennie.

"And you choose to disobey the Order? Oh god, Jisoo! You know you can't intervene with human fate when Death has already appeared before it." Lisa attempted to remind me, all too late.

In defense I said, "HE TRICKED ME!" with two palms wide open.

"And you're suppose to be surprised?" Lisa argued with eyes rolling down to hell.

"Ugh." I exasperated. "Well, forgive me for thinking that saving her wouldn't be as much as a big dilemma to my existence!"

"Dilemma?! It's fucking suicide, Jisoo. I tell you."

"What consequence would I be dealing with anyway?" I was pinched by the brow.

"Oh, you would not want to know." She shook her head enough that i was convinced that I was doomed. "Okay okay, stop. I don't want to hear it." I pointed my index finger out in gesture.

"Prophecies." She revealed nonetheless. "And Do you fucking know the chances of fulfilling such one? Ugh, telling you doesn't even make a difference." Frustration has become her language.

"I know I've made a mistake but at least this princess gets to keep on living." Now my eyes retracted back at her. She's still sleeping. Her unconsciousness has been bothering me. Maybe I was so used to seeing her always moving, smiling, and alive that I couldn't afford to actually see her this motionless.