viii. monaco weekends

 monaco weekends

JENNIE+

The intoxicating fume of my burning cigarette tasted too pungent as I felt the smoke inside decapitating my lungs. Just the right kind of poison to burn my thoughts with.

It was dawn. 3 am. Naked and tired. Kai was dead asleep after spending too many hours of fucking me. I needed a distraction again and of course I needed to feed his needs at some point.

But amidst of this, my thoughts were still spiraling over her, Jisoo, even if I cloud my mind with poisonous smoke. It is still Kim Jisoo. Pssh. That portentous foreigner. I scowled in my mind.

I heard she was still in the hospital recovering because the doctors didn't know why she was not waking up when her vital signs and overall body health were normal, like she didn't drown at all.

The memory of seeing her reaching for air as she took her last breath strikes a certain ache between my chest. It was just so timely that the lifeboat that I was in arrived at the area when I saw Jisoo drown to the bottom. I was confused why nobody saw her other than me. I remember feeling intensely mortified but still managed to dive into the ocean like I hadn't had any fear of drowning. I vividly remember her eyes, almost like it was gleaming. Such engulfing to see a woman of dignified endeavors be that lifeless and I know it hurt to see her in that state. That's why I dragged her to the surface until I drained the last energy I could give. She saved me a lot of times, it was time to save hers.

And with that thought, the dwindling urge to see her sprung me out of bed and rushed me into my clothes that were scattered on the carpeted floor. This is absurd. I was self-debating but still my body wanted to go and see her.

"What are you doing?" A drowsy voice startled me. I turned around and saw a yawning Kai getting up on my bed. "Just changing." I cheaply replied with great caution.

"You're going somewhere." He stated so firmly. I was nervous. "I just need a walk in the gardens." I lied.

"While bringing your Trevita key? Yeah, sure you could practice drifting there." My boyfriend glowered as he knew he cornered me. I crumpled the hand of where the key was."Get off my ass, will you?" I rolled my eyes, hoping that being a brat would stop him from prying.

"I know you purposely sank that freshmen's yacht, Jennie. Thinking it would just one of your funny harmless antics. If it weren't for Lisa and Jisoo stepping up, you're probably not the princess that you are right now." Kai's provoking tone stirred my distress. "I know. I fucked up. You don't need to slap it on my face." I said with a formidable tone. I felt my teeth clenching as I absorbed the aching of my ego.

"Well if I can't get through you, then I hope you let my sister do. I know you listen to her, you just deny it. She deserves more than that, Jennie. Everyone deserves more than the bullshit you give us." Kai was being blatant with his thoughts. But I knew he was right. What Jisoo and Lisa did prevented the situation from getting worse and I did not even spoke a word of gratitude nor concern which has been crippling my conscience for the past hour. I do not attend to my guilt but this time, it was too overwhelming. I had to face it.