ix. chagrin of the fallen

 chagrin of the fallen

JISOO+

Imagine my fright when an unfamiliar memory hit the back of my skull as I conversed with the lips of the human I never thought I would be this close with. Caressed skin. Deviant breaths. Little secrets of desire disheveled. Who would've thought in this reality our souls would collide? The celestials have their own way of masquerading one's downfall so well. And mine came with the soul I cared for the most.

The flashing motion in my mind came with a deep old sensation that numbed my neck, then fortified walls revealed over me with clouded dust above the skyline. I was hovering to the right as I saw spears of fire coming out from the walls. Then not a moment, I was pushed up to the sky with my body blasting against the great pressure of the atmosphere's wind and the earth's contrasting gravity. When I was high enough I suddenly stopped ascending.

Now I was floating into the abyss of white and grey luminous clouds of thunder. And I could hear screaming around, shadows of wings and swords flaring against each other but they did not go beyond the clouded wall I was in. Seemed like I was there just to witness the battle and the outcry of whoever was outside.

Deliberately, I closed my eyes sensing that I could probably hear the echoing screeches more vividly. When I shut my orbs into my own darkness, the sharpening of the sounds around me started to magnify. I was right. It was angels in battle. And as I was trying to persist, a sudden stroke of light was seen. Then came a whole pair of eyes. Aged like fine wine did it color it's iris. It was staring at me into my own darkness. And once i saw it blinked the vision ended as well.

"YOU DID WHAT?" A flabbergasted Lisa just screamed on my face which diminished me from my thoughts. I just stood unbothered as I was still dumbfounded about the dilemma I was facing. "And you clearly said Krystal was the plan and never you. Yet you've vanquished your own words, Jisoo!" She continued her rant as she put her cup of tea down in frustration.

"It was not of my intention. You didn't felt the situation I was in." I reasoned.

"I told you, you would eventually give in. Pssh. So much for the triumphed knowledge and wisdom of a thousand year old great fallen. This is why humans never take us seriously." Her mocking voice only fueled my frustration, "Now you've made Jennie's emotions go into turmoil again." Lisa just continued to belittle me, just because she had a right to do so, right now.

"And you think she's the only one going through it?" I gutted.

"Well, at least tell me you have a back up plan. Do you?"

"Not exactly. But I think I have found something when I kissed her." I gave a meaningful stare at Lisa.

Yet she just snarled in mockery and said, "Oh, geez. Let me guess. You found out that you really want to fuck her?" Lisa ridiculed so bluntly that I flashed my golden eyes at her while thinking of vengeance. Then I dragged her few meters up and flew her across the room, making her land in the cold marbled floor. "I'm not as fleshly perverted as you, you lustful malevolent." I evoked strongly.