i. being a monégasque

one. being a monégasque

monegasque ; a native or inhabitant of Monaco

+ JENNIE

It's a challenge to organize the events that have been congested on my mind and also the questions that I may never answer in this lifetime such as why am I in a hospital bed instead of dying in an open ocean? and why do I feel like my organs are still intact when I should be breaking my bones? Am I on the headlines yet? I'm guessing the King is already on his way to throw his crown at my face? or will I ever salvage my Ducati back? Why am I breathing?! Is this allowed?

I opened my eyes with these thoughts perplexing my well-being, "Agh!" I squealed out the waving pain in my head. It was not a good idea to move.

"Jennie!" A familiar voice was surprised by my consciousness. It was my best friend Irene, an Italian airline heiress. "Don't move too much." She continued as she directed me to lay my head again.

"Oh, why am I not dead?" I grumbled as I pouted in frustration. "Same question. Lucky you, you didn't break one bone, the doctors said it was a miracle." Irene revealed. It was conspiring how I'm so not into pieces of bones and flesh right now.

"And I guess I should be glad, huh?" I huffed in chagrin, "When I just lost that Ferrari bet with that Dubai Prince." I continued to mourn over my loss, not just in fortune but in shame and dignity.

"Seriously? That's still a raising concern to you? When you almost died while racing again." Irene expressed her worries, "How did you even survive from the drop?" She continued with a question.

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe because I have royal privileges." I replied with sarcasm. Irene's face just went deadpan as a response, "Wow. I guess I should be a princess then." She mocked me on a tedious tone.

"You should. And maybe you can give that Dubai Prince a Ferrari for me." I obliged at her jest.

Irene suddenly became silent as if she remembered something daunting. "Uhm." She stuttered. "I think your Father already did that for you."

I can feel the abnormal enlargement of my eyes as the words of Irene stung my ears, "WHAT?" my spirit was suddenly awake, I sprung my head up as my jaw dropped in disbelief. Among all the people, the King just had to be one to know. Ugh!

Irene bites her lips, indicating hesitance. "I mean, the hotel kinda reported your whereabouts to the whole royal family, that's why I knew you were here. Fortunately, I came earlier than them."

"Quick, let me get out of here!" I instantly panicked as I took myself out of bed, but as soon I step my foot on the ground a smash opened my bedroom door which made me fidget in shock. I turned around and it was the hell that I never wished for. "Father..."