↬ lost without him (request) bruce wayne

"Hi! Can I ask a Bruce Wayne x Reader story? Maybe one where she was in love with him but she left Gotham because if a problem with him. She then comes back."

This is a request from the lovely @peterpanlostgir

Leaving him was one of the hardest things I could've done. Due to the 'small' incident we had where I found out he was Batman and I completely lost my mind, I left everything behind including my home, family and friends. A couple years had passed by now and I felt ready to return but still petrified of seeing his face. After I left, I received calls and messages every hour from Bruce wondering where on earth had I got to. I don't know if this made it worse or better, but I ignored every single thing he sent me.

This was a big decision I was making, returning after 2 years of creating a new life in whole different place but I was sure I could handle it. Driving into Gotham was always the scariest part, seeing all the thief's walking down the street waiting for the next unknowing victim or seeing all the homeless people left without a place to stay due to poor families or ignorance by bystanders and the government. Maybe Gotham isn't the best city in the world but I do call it home.

I settle into my new apartment as soon as I can and start my journey around the sorta familiar city. I walk past bakeries that remind my of childhood and the circus that use to come every summer to Gotham. It seemed like how it always was and it felt great. I made my way into the Gotham Library to see if the interior had changed at all (it hadn't). Of course, me being me, I wasn't looking where I was going and knocked into a rather tall person, I glanced up and was surprised to see Bruce. Hoping he didn't recognise me, I quickly scattered away to another aisle in the library only to hear "y/n?". Oh no.

I turn around to face him again with all the courage I can muster. Walking over to him felt like a dream because even though I left because we had a small fight, i still loved him and missed him and obviously wanted the best for him. We stood in front of each other for what felt like eternities but was only a few seconds until he collapsed into my arms and engulfed me in a hug. This wasn't what I was expecting.

After a few minutes he took his body off me and I said "why did you do that, I thought you would hate me. I ignored every message, call and letter you sent but you don't resent me?". It was quite shocking to say the least. " y/n, I could never hate you. You were always there for me when I needed you most and I was the one that bombarded you with the Batman stuff, it was too much for you too handle and I should've thought about that before I told you." Bruce said softly not wanting the whole library to hear his beloved secret.

This was the welcome I needed. For everything to be okay after 2 years of no contact. For the person I deeply cared about to not hate me after treating them terribly. It was possibly one of the best things to happen to me. Bruce broke me out of my thoughts when he said, "How about we go to a cafe or restaurant and we can talk about all the things we've missed in each other's lives, wait actually, I have this charity ball coming up and I need a date, would you be able to come with me?"

Maybe a part 2 if you guys want!

Keep your requests coming and thank you for reading my book, it is greatly appreciated.