4: First Battle

One year had passed since Rose's first day in the training room. So much had changed since then. Rose had a growth spurt. A big one. She was now the size and weight of a male siberian tiger. A heavy seven hundred pounds, thirteen feet from her nose to the tip of her tail all while standing at three feet at her shoulders. Retractable claws that are four inches long. Three inch long canines, along with a mouth of sharp bone crunching teeth with a bite force of around one thousand PSI. The Avengers figured that whatever Hydra used made it so the females are the size of males. While the males could possibly be bigger. Bruce deduced, that even though Rose is only a year and three months old, her maturity grew as fast as she did.

One day, a cute, tiny cub that couldn't control over her overly large paws. Now, a deadly predator with deadly accuracy. Though, she was always very gentle with the Avengers when it came to training or playing. No claws, and careful when she uses her mouth. Granted accidents did happen. Everyone describes Rose as a really oversized puppy that had the intellect of a human and could kill you with a good swipe of her paw.

Rose was now able to use the obstacle course with ease. Granted, Tony did make a few adjustments to make it more challenging for her. She would train and spare with the Avengers and in turn, Rose trained them on how to deal with an animal that is as smart as a human. Her favorite inventor even made a few upgrades to the tower. Such as a large scratching post in everyone's bedroom. Due to Rose tearing up the carpet in a few rooms. Why every bedroom? Because she tends to make sure everyone in the tower knows that she loves them with every fiber of her being. Sleeping with a different person every night, unless there was a mission. She also loved the amazing sensation of clawing something the moment she woke up and stretched.

An amazing sensation by Rose's terms. Even if Tony absolutely detested it.

Clint, Natasha, and Steve were on a mission. Bruce was taking some time for himself. Which left Sam, Tony, Wanda, Bucky, and Vision. Tony was naturally in the lab. Wanda, Sam, and Bucky were on the couch watching a movie. Rose on her big fluffy bed next to the couch. Vision was somewhere in the tower, doing his own thing. A nice relaxing, normal day.

Or so everyone thought.

Friday announced that Director Nick Fury was calling an emergency meeting. Rose looked around as everyone started for the conference room. She tried to follow but was told by Wanda to stay put. Which Rose was not happy about. She wanted to be included to. Everyone said she was doing amazing. Her golden eyes focused on the TV, trying to forget her disappointment.

Everyone soon took their own seat in the conference room. Director Fury at the head of the table. Tony wasn't able to say something sarcastic before Fury started.

"Agent Barton, Agent Romanoff, and Captain Roger's have been captured by Hydra. Their mission turned out to be an ambush.",Fury let what had said sink in. Bucky's eyes turned dark and Fury didn't want to deal with a super soldier on a rampage against Hydra on his own. "We need everyone."

Everyone nodded their heads. No questions asked. You mess with one, you mess with all.

"Including Rose."

That sentence had everyone stop from leaving the room. Everyone had mixed feelings about Rose coming. 1. She is a enhanced tiger and could really help in the fight. 2. No one would be able to cope if anything happened to her on a mission they asked her to be on. Rose was everyone's baby in some way.

Wanda tried to voice her opinion on why Rose shouldn't come on such a high risk mission. Only to be shot down by Fury.

"That tiger has been training with the Avengers for over a year. She has the means of defending herself and aiding in the fight. Thor is off world. Dr. Banner is not able to be reached. We have two superior agents and one legendary super soldier in the hands of Hydra, doing God knows what. She wants to be apart of the team. Let her earn the spot.", Fury was not going to let up. Rose was going.