6: Recovery Day One

A/N: Omg guys!! Over 4k of reads!!!! Ahhhhhgh! Thank you guys so much!!! Legitimently tears running down my cheeks as I write this chapter because of you guys!!! So many happy tears!! Also I know you all are waiting for another chapter of Winter Wolf, but I am having such a writer's block with that story! I am trying my hardest lovelies!

Rose was able to leave the medical bay the next morning. Clint and Steve on either side of her, making sure they could catch her if she stepped wrong. Gauze was wrapped around her chest and left shoulder. If that wasn't an indicator that she was hurt, the very noticeable limp and drug induced glazed look in her eye would give it away. Everyone decided that today would be an easy day. A nice lounging day where it was movies, food, and family. No missions. No training. Just them and their tiger.

Rose hated every minute of being injured. She figured out that being shot completely and utterly sucks. But knowing that she saved someone's life, made it worth it for her. Rose also hated the drugs that they gave her. They made her feel like she wasn't in control of her body. Stumbling and foggy.

She didn't understand how some people liked the effects. Humans were strange.

Tony was in the kitchen, cutting up some raw steak for her in cubes. The best steak he could find in the city, just for her. Natasha was setting up cushions, pillows, and blankets on the floor for everyone to use. Making it easier for Rose to have her cuddles with everyone without having to jump onto the couch. Sam was dragging her oversized dog bed into the middle of cushions and blankets, making it known that, that was where she was supposed to stay. Able to let everyone touch her in one way or another without her having to move.

Rose emediatley let out a drugged chuff seeing what they were doing for her. Smiles and loud claims of happiness that she was out and about. No one was afraid of showing their love for her. Even Tony. Both, Clint and Steve, helped escort to drugged, injured tiger to her 'throne'. Letting Rose gently lay down on the soft, comfy bed on her right side. Clint sitting next to her head so she could lay it down on his lap and be comfortable. The extra scratches and pets she got from him was a bonus.

"Since our loving yet deadly tiger did such a good job, a plate of the best steak in the city. There's a lot more where that came from Tigger. You've earned it.", Tony would always deny that he spoiled Rose, all while he put a plate of the best steak infront of her. Cubed and raw, perfect to Rose.

It did not take long for Rose to dig in. It felt like her stomach was eating its self. Although, when her teeth hit something hard, she stopped chewing. Moving the piece of meat around, she got the horrible taste of a broken pill in her mouth. Immediately, Rose spat the chewed piece of meat and crushed pill onto the floor. A low growl escaped her mouth at not only being drugged without her knowledge, but by being tricked by her family.

Natasha smirked and sent a knowing look at Tony. Who, in turn, had not only gone pale but also had a fearful look in his face. Knowing very well, this was not going to end well for him. Nat told the so called genius that tricking Rose to take her pills like any other normal animal, would absolutely not work. Rose has the intellect of a human, she was by no means 'normal'.

Glares were set on Tony within seconds. Not liking that he tried to trick her. But were quickly on Pepper Potts, who came from the elevator with a brown paper bag. She greeted everyone with a small smile while walking towards Rose.
Rose gave a low chuff to Pepper, happy to see the woman who somehow balanced Tony Stark. Her nose going crazy as she tried to get a better smell from what was coming from inside the bag Pepper held.

"I knew of Tony's plan and also knew that wouldn't work. You're to smart for those tricks. So, with Tony's card, a couple of the best steaks that are not contaminated and a couple extra large beef bones. Just make sure that I am not involved with your revenge plan.", Pepper handed the bag to Steve so he could get everything opened for Rose. Who was giving Pepper head butts and sweet chuffs as a thank you.

Tony sent a thank you glance to his beloved. While he escaped to his lab. Well, he was until Clint and Sam ran after him. Wanting to get their own revenge for him tricking their injured tiger. Rose would get back at Tony, taking extra care that Pepper would not be involved in any way. If she could help it, anyway. Accidents did happen.

Steve pulled out a steak from its wrapping, layed the plastic and paper wrapping down infront of Rose. Letting her tear into the raw meat without having her worry about being tricked.

Pepper took her leave, talking about going to find Tony to make sure he wasn't hurt too bad. Although, she did say that he did deserve whatever Clint and Sam did. She also stated that Tony Stark was the dumbest smart person in the world. No one said a thing about that comment.

Bucky waltzed in a few moments after Pepper left. Sitting on the far right end of the couch next to Steve. Saying a quick hello to everyone. Giving Rose a few good pats. Making sure to keep away from her food. One thing everyone learned quickly. Never go near her face when a tiger is eating.

Tony was the one to learn that lesson for everyone.

Soon Clint and Sam came back into the room. Looking very satisfied with whatever they had done to Tony. Sam cleaned up the empty wrapper from Rose, letting Clint take his spot right next to her. Same sat on the far right end of the couch next to Clint.

Natasha soon came into the room with a bowl of popcorn and something that suspiciously smelled like turkey. Rose growled low at whatever Natasha was pulling, only to flicked in the nose by Clint.

"I know you don't like the feeling the medications give you, but you need to take them. It will help you heal faster and you won't be in pain.", Natasha was not going to take no for an answer. She knelt down infront of Rose, handing the bowl to Sam and holding the piece of rolled up turkey in her hand to Rose.

Rose did not move an inch. Her eyes trained on Natasha's. Trying to see if she was bluffing. Did she really want to try to fight everyone while she was injured with half of her strength? Did she really want to test the waters? After a few long tension filled seconds, Rose looked away. Huffing before taking the piece of turkey filled with the devil pills. Not taking a chance of the horrible taste again, Rose swallowed it whole.

Giving Rose a good scratch behind the ears for taking her medicine, Natasha climbed over Rose very carefully before sitting criss cross on the middle cushion inebtween Sam and Bucky.

Rose layed her head down onto Clint's lap. A hand automatically petting he fur on her head. Soon everyone had wandered down, making themselves comfortable for the movie night. Steve and Bucky getting to know the modern movies. Random statements or question's being asked through the movie.

A nice, quiet day with no worries. A family day.