7: Recovery Day Two

It was another day in the Avenger tower. The second day of recovery for Rose.

Clint woke up to his alarm, groaning before throwing his arm acrossed his face, definitely not wanting to get up. Knowing that Rose needed her medication however, got him up. Looking over the side of his bed, he noticed Rose still asleep on her soft bed on the floor. For once, Clint could wake up on his own accord instead of Rose's clever ways of his wake up call. But, that was a bittersweet feeling.

She was sleeping in because she was injured and healing. Not because she could. An injury that was caused by protecting him. Also, a bittersweet thought.

Giving a sigh, Clint rolled out of bed and got started on his morning routine. This time, without his tiger by his side. Grumping to let her out, but he wouldn't. He would make her wait for him. Old habit from when she was a cub and would cause trouble. Rose hated it, always grumped and growled. But not today. Clint sighed when he finished his routine and was refreshed. Rose still asleep. He hated it, but he had to wake her up for her medication. Clint asked Friday to ask Steve to help him get Rose to the living room. Kneeling infront of the tiger, Clint gently ran his left hand along the top of her head, down between her eyes. Rose loved when anyone scratched or rubbed between her eyes. It was a secret scratch spot for animals.

Rose grumbled as she woke up, her tired golden eyes looking at Clint. Almost surprised that he was awake before her. She moved to get up to growl at her shoulder and chest. She suddenly remembered that she shot and it was only day two of recovery.

The look that Rose gave, was hilarious to Clint. She glared towards her shoulder and chest. But the archer knew that she needed to get food in her stomach, which also meant to take her pills. Much to the tiger's disappointment. Friday aloud Steve inside and it was time to get the Tiger up and moving. It wasn't going to be easy. Clint heard Steve ask how she was doing and Clint could only chuckle. "She's angry that her heroic wounds aren't healed yet. It doesn't work that way Rose, sorry."

But, Clint had a surprise for Rose. Well, everyone did.

Steve and Clint coaxed Rose out of her bed only to get into her other one once they got to the living room. Sam was in the kitchen, cubing up some sirloin for the tiger so she wouldn't have to tear at the meat like she normally would. Tony was officially off of food duty. Probably forever.

Once Rose was comfortably in her bed, she chuffed a 'good morning' to Sam. Sam said his good morning while handing off her plate of meat to Steve while Clint got her medication's ready. Steve handed her a piece at a time, her movements sluggish while she gently took the meat from Steve's fingers. It took only a few minutes before the plate was empty. Which meant one thing.

Medication time.

Clint had the pills wrapped in a piece of turkey and held it out infront of Rose. Who only glared in return but took it, no matter how much she didn't want to. Clint gave her a quick pat on her large head and waited for everyone before he told Rose the surprise. In the meantime, he got started on breakfast for everyone else.

Rose layed her head down, letting her medication take away the pain she felt. Her golden eyes welcoming the darkness as they closed. This healing stuff seemed to take an eternity. Which the large tiger absolutely did not like. She wanted to play and have fun. This was not fun.

Everyone soon got around to coming into the kitchen after smelling the bacon Clint had started cooking. Many of them begging for coffee as they took their time waking up. Clint was passing Steve some cooled bacon for the tiger, like he did everytime he cooked breakfast. Everyone always saved some of whatever was cooking for Rose. The tiger was the epidemy of spoiled.

Rose gladly ate the crunchy, yummy, succulent pieces. Even if she was grumpy about being poked awake. Her grumpy tiger talk was silenced as she crunched at the amazing treat.

She would do anything for bacon.

Once everything was cleaned and put away, everyone looked to Clint to share the big surprise. They already had everything packed and ready to go. In fact, Rose was confused about why their bags and suitcases were around the living room. Where they going somewhere? What about her? Growling low, her ears turned back...you could tell she was displeased. But, there was one thing that Rose didn't know. The team just needed their tiger.

Hearing the growl, Clint looked over to see the glint of anger in her golden eyes. Chuckling nervously, he decided to explain before she did something. "So, we have a surprise for you Rose. We are going to go to my farm for a week like I promised. You can heal in complete relaxation and it is going to be a team trip as a huge 'thank you'. Laura and the kids also has a few surprises up their sleeve to say 'thank you' as well. Everyone is going to get on the quinjet packed while Bucky and Steve are going to help escort the tiger princess to her throne. How about it, Rose?"

A long, loud chuff came from her throat while she slowly got herself up from her bed. Leaning on Bucky's leg when she stumbled. Once she was off her bed, Sam grabbed her bed and walked to the quinjet so he could get her 'throne' prepared while everyone else grabbed bags to go get everything packed. Bucky and Steve walked side by side of Rose, walking at her speed as she limped.

Rose could not wait for this surprise to happen. Time was going to slow for her.

A/N: I am so sorry it has been so long! But, it's up!!! The next chapter will be at Clint's farm and his family will smother the tiger in love and appreciation!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️