5. Quiet Night

A/N: I wasn't going to update this soon due to me being sick. But a few certain comments, that brought tears to my eyes, from a few certain readers, had me doing this update for everyone!!! See guys? You comment and I'll update faster 😉❤️ ❤️ ❤️

It was a quiet night. Natasha, Steve, Bucky, and Clint stayed with Rose in the medical bay while she slept. Tony, Vision, Sam, and Wanda left to go do their own things. Everyone was clean and in comfy clothing. Someone always with Rose to keep her company even if she slept, taking turns to go get cleaned up. Clint had to be threatened, of Steve or Bucky dragging him to an ice cold shower fully clothed, by Natasha to go get cleaned up since he did not want to leave the injured tiger. The tiger that he called his own.

The tiger that saved their lives.

Everyone felt like Rose was a daughter or sister to them. Sure she was covered in fur, walked on four legs, and didn't talk. But that didn't mean that she wasn't apart of the mixed up family. Especially since Rose had the intellect of a human and would hold a conversation with you.

Even if her responses were in her tiger language.

Rose could hear soft talking when the black blanket of medication started to lift. She could feel one hand on her head , and another buried in the soft fur on her cheeks. By the scents that were around her, she could tell it was Clint and Steve. Natasha and Bucky were in the room somewhere. Knowing that she was safe with her family helped ease the anxiety she felt. Her eyes felt like weights when she tried to open them. Her chest hurt when she would take a breath. Something tight and uncomfortable wrapped around her left shoulder and chest. Rose also noted that she was laying on her right side. A growl sounded before she could stop it, irritated on the little control she had of her body.

Why did she feel like this?

Steve and Clint were softly talking while they pet Rose. Trying to figure out how they were going to keep the rambunctious tiger from hurting herself while she healed. Clint's left hand buried in the fur of her cheek gently rubbing, while Steve had his right hand on her head. Tracing the stripes that looked like a rose, the stripes that gave the tiger her name. Natasha and Bucky were in the corner playing a game of go fish. Both swearing in russian when the other would get a card right.

All eyes were on Rose when a growl came from her muzzle. The eyes suddenly turned nervous when they heard it. They didn't anticipate how Rose would react waking up after the procedure. Even if she had the mind of a human, she was still considered a wild animal. That was a fault on their part.

They were in a enclosed area with a seven hundred pound tiger that probably has no idea what was going on or why she was feeling the way she was.

With no protection.

Rose could feel the change in the room. From calm to nervous. No, she didn't want her family to be afraid of her. Never. She willed her body to react with her mind when her eyes slowly opened. Blinking rapidly by the bright lights that were suddenly dimmed. Making it easier for her to keep her golden eyes open. Her whole body felt like it was being held down by weights.

"Rose?"

Clint. That who had spoken.

Rose gave a soft call. Trying to will her body to move. Thankfully, she was able to pin her ears against her head. Definitely not liking anything that she way feeling. She also did not like that they were nervous to be near her. Just because she was upset of the drowsy medication in her system, did not mean that she would attack her family. If it was strangers around her, that would be a different story.

Clint couldn't help but smile when he hears the soft, drugged call of Rose. He had to be cautious when she woke up. They all did. It's better to be safe then sorry. Especially when it's a full grown, enhanced tiger. Slowly getting on his knees, he looked into Rose's golden eyes. Seeing the glazed, pained look had his heart hurting for her. Clint's right hand started stroking her fluffy cheek.

"It's okay Rose. You're okay. You saved our lives while almost giving your own. We can't ever thank you enough for that. When you're feeling better, all of us can go to my place and take some time off. A team vacation.", Clint gave a quick kiss to her head. Knowing that Laura will want to give Rose a big thank you for bringing Clint home safely.

Rose gave a quiet call in happiness. Even though it took her getting hurt, the team would take some much needed time off. Which ment that she would have the whole team to herself on Clint's farm. Not how she wanted to get them to herself, but she would take what she could get.

"All of us in your small house?", Natasha exclaimed, jokingly. A small smirk on her face while Clint gasped in fake  horror. "I think we can deal with it if it means showing Rose our appreciation."

A low drugged chuff sounded from Rose. Happy with the event that would come as soon as she was better.

That couldn't come any sooner.