Chapter 9

Roman:

     "So," I say slowly, "what movie are we gonna watch?"

     "What about..." Deceit responds, "Home Alone?"

     "That's a great idea!" Patton interjects.

     "Alright," I put the disc in, grateful that Remus didn't offer any suggestions.

    "I love this movie!" Remus exclaims.

     I freeze, "You do?"

     "Yeah, it's hilarious. The traps that kid thinks of! They're so much fun to make too!"

    I roll my eyes, "Of course you'd love that aspect."

    He frowns, "Don't you like those parts? Aren't they funny? How the robbers keep trying? And are stopped by just one little boy?"

    I think about it for a minute, "Yeah, I guess that is pretty funny."

     He smiles, then he starts tugging at Virgil's hair.

     "What is it, Remus?" Virgil asks.

     "Nothing," he shrugs, "I just want your attention."

     Virgil smiles, "Okay," He leans into Remus's shoulder.

     I feel a pang in my chest when I see them like that. I sit down and focus my attention on the screen.

*****
Deceit:

We watch two more movies, by the end of the third one everyone is asleep besides Logan, Patton and myself.

"We should probably get them to bed," Patton whispers.

I nod, and walk over to Remus and Virgil, who are curled up together on the couch.

"Hey, you two need to go to bed," I say softly, shaking them gently.

"Ngh..." Remus groans, pulling Virgil closer.

"Remus," I shake him a little harder, "You do not need to get to bed now."

"I don't want to, Dee." He mumbles.

I sigh, "You can't sleep on the couch, you'll be sore in the morning and then I'll have to listen to you complain about it."

He waves me off, "alright, fine. I guess I'll just have to leave you to sleep on the couch." I turn to Logan, "I'm gonna carry him to your room, okay?" I ask.

"It would be simpler for me to just carry him," he replies.

I stare at him, "Are you sure?"

"I am certain. You have to get Virgil awake, and I am heading up to my room anyway."

     I nod, then turn my attention to Virgil.

     "Hey, Virgil. Wake up, you need to go to bed. Come on," I shake his shoulder.

     "No..."

     I roll my eyes, "Are you gonna make me carry you?" I ask.

     "Please?" He asks quietly, Patton laughs.

     "Fine," I huff, I lift him up and carry him upstairs.

     I maneuver the door to his room open and place him on the bed.

     "Goodnight, Virge." I whisper.

     "'Night, Dee." He mumbles.

     I smile at him as I head out, I remember doing this all the time when we were younger.

Patton:

     I smile after Dee as he takes Virgil upstairs.

I turn back to the sleeping Roman on the edge of the couch.

"Ro, Ro," I shake his arm lightly, "Time to go to bed," I shake him a little harder.

"Pat..." he groans, "I just wanna sleep..."

I chuckle, "I know, kiddo. But you'll regret it in the morning if you sleep on the couch..."

"I know..."

He stands up and starts to stumble upstairs, I smile as I watch him leave.

I yawn, "I guess you're the last one that needs to be tucked in, Pat," I laugh as I follow Roman upstairs.

Logan:

I lay Remus down on the extra bed that I set up in my room.

Before I can pull away he kisses me on the cheek, "Thanks for the lift, Lolo," he winks.

I'm thankful the darkness hides the reddish hue I can feel rising to my face.

I move over and lay down in my own bed, I try to forget what just happened. It is just Remus being Remus. Nothing is meant by it, I tell myself as I lay in bed. He only seeks a reaction. And that is something he will not acquire from me.

  Deceit:

Patton comes into the room, he smiles.

     "Did he go to bed okay?"

     I smile, "Easier than I've ever seen him go."

     Patton laughs, "I think Remus tired him out today."

     I chuckle, "Definitely."

     I lay down, he reaches over to the lamp, "Goodnight, Deceit. Sweet dreams."

     "Goodnight, Patton."

     He turns out the light, and shortly afterwards I fall into a deep sleep.