Chapter 22

Remus:

I wake up with Logan curled into my side, I check the clock, four thirty in the morning. I think about shutting off his alarm to give me a few more minutes of this. But I've quickly learned that interfering with Logan's cicada rhythm or whatever is a sure fire way to upset him.

I sigh, at least I have a little time. I run my fingers through his hair. I'm surprised at how quickly he's become comfortable with this. The touching, the cuddling, he seems to crave it, which is unexpected.

     Yesterday he wrapped his arms around me immediately after I closed the door to his room. "I need to get some work done," he mumbled, "Would you sit with me? Just for a little while?"

     I smiled fondly, "As you wish," I'd said.

We sat at his computer for a few hours, it didn't take nearly as long as I'd expected to coax him into my lap. He worked for hours not looking up, I read a murder mystery novel the whole time. Then I got bored and started rubbing his shoulders, "What are you doing?" He asked turning to me.

"Just helping your relax," I'd answered turning him back to the computer.

"Oh, alright, thank you." He'd said going back to his work.

     I smiled, applying more pressure to his lower shoulder.

     He stops typing, "Everything alright?" I asked innocently.

      "Yes," he hissed out.

     I stop my hands, I couldn't tell if that was pain in his voice or not, "Lo? Did I hurt you? Do you want me to stop?"

     "N-no," he stutters.

     I turn his head to face me, "Are you sure? You don't sound sure?"

     "I-I want you to continue, please," he whispers.

     "Does it feel okay?" I ask him.

     He nods, but doesn't say anything.

     "You do have a lot of tension," I mumble as I put my hands back on his shoulders. "You work too much."

     He doesn't answer, I watch him save his document and shut his computer down. He leans back into me.

     "Why don't you go lay down and I'll rub your back?" I ask.

     "No, no, I'm already asking too much of you. I apologize," he says nervously as he stands up.

I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him back to my lap, "No, you're gonna let me do this."

"Remus..." he grumbles, "let me go."

"Not until you relax and let me do something nice for you."

"Are you sure? We can do anything else you like?" He offers.

"Please? Just let me do this?" I beg.

"If you really wish to." He nods.

I grin, "Great!" I scoop him up.

     "I could've walked," he grumbles as I set him down on the bed, a sour expression on his face.

     "I know, roll over please?"

     He sighs, but rolls over onto his stomach.

     I give a wicked grin as I start to dig my knuckles into his back, he groans.

     "Is this okay?" I ask softly. He nodded and I started moving my hands again.

*****

    I smile at the memory of how he fell asleep while I rubbed his back. I woke him up for dinner, then after he's showered he'd read to me until ten o clock.

     His alarm goes off, he groans but quickly turns the alarm off and turns to me.

     "Good morning," he smiles.

     "Morning," I kiss him on the cheek.

"We've gotta get up now," he informs me, "Patton likes to make cookies on Christmas Eve."

"But, there are so many cookies already!" I cry in confusion.

"They're his special cookies, he makes them for Christmas Eve every year." Logan explains.

"Ugh..." I groan, "I just want to lay in bed with you."

     He smiles, "Maybe later, right now we have obligations."

     "Do I have to pretend that I'm not absolutely smitten with you today?" I ask.

     "Smitten? That's an awfully dated term. And, we'll see."

     I kiss him on the lips, "Fine."

     He rolls out of bed and heads to the bathroom.

     I sit around and smile at how things have turned out. We should've had Christmas with them years ago!

Patton:

     "Dee," I poke his face again, "Dee," he keeps snoring.

     I huff, "Deceit?" I say a little louder.

     "Hm?" He replies sleepily, "What is it, Patton?"

     "It's time to get up," I giggle, "it's Christmas Eve, we have so much to do!"

"M' too tired..." he rolls over so his face is in the pillow.

I pout, "You don't wanna help me today?"

He groans, but gets up, "You're lucky you're cute," he says with a smirk.

My face instantly turns red, he called me cute!

"We're gonna make cookies, and then we're gonna watch some movies, and we have our special Christmas Eve dinner!" I say excitedly.

He heads to the bathroom, "I'll be ready in a minute," he says with a wave.

Deceit:

I'm surprised to find Patton still sitting on the bed when I exit the bathroom. He'd been waiting for me.

"Come on! Let's go!" He grabs my hand and pulls me to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna make my special Christmas Eve pancakes!" He squeals.

"Alright, sounds good," I turn on the coffee machine.

Logan:

I give Remus one last kiss before we leave my room. It's irrational for me to desire his touch so much, but it's...comforting? Relaxing? Calming? All of the aforementioned.

I haven't had much experience in physical contact, beyond the occasional hug from Patton. It's actually rather pleasant.

We head downstairs for breakfast, "Morning, kiddos!" Patton calls from the stove, "You two sleep alright?"

"Like a corpse," Remus says cheerfully, "Morning, Dee."

"Good morning, Smelly child. When was the last time you showered?" He asks, covering his nose.

I shrug, "He hasn't showered since you've arrived here. He did, however, take a bath for two hours the day after your arrival," I offer helpfully.

"Why do you know that?" Remus asks curiously.

"You sleep in my room," I say, as if it weren't obvious.

"Okay..." Deceit moves on.

"We're making pancakes," Patton needlessly announces, I can see the pancakes, "Could you go get Virgil and Roman?"

"Of course," I answer, heading to the door.