Chapter 21

Roman:

I sit down next to Virgil on the couch, "You okay?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah," he smiles, "I'm a lot better, actually."

I smile, "That's good. I was worried you were gonna mope around all day, Charlie Frown," I lightly punch his arm.

     "Don't start something you can't finish, Princey," he says with a playful gleam in his eye.

     "Oh, I think I can manage," I reply smoothly.

     "Do you now?" his grin grows wider.

     "Yes, I d-" I'm cut off by the cushion he throws at my face.

     "Oh, you should not have done that!" I cry as I throw the cushion back at him.

     He dodges it effortlessly, "Oh, I think I can manage," he mimics me.

     I get up and grab a cushion, swinging it at him. He dodges it again. Then grabs his own cushion and tries to hit me. I dodge it.

     "You'll have to do better than that,  Emo Nightmare!"

     He says nothing, just grins. Suddenly I'm on the ground, he knocked my legs out from under me. I try to get up, he hits me with the pillow until I give up, "I win," he chuckles.

     I pout, "You tripped me! That's not fair!"

     "All's fair in pillow wars."

     I huff exasperatedly, "Fine."

     "Oh, is Princey upset now?" he asks teasingly.

     "Yes," I say, keeping my upset expression.

     "Oh, that's too bad," he leans in, "that's a real shame, whatever shall I do about it." His face is really close to my own.

     "You're a very evil man," I say with a grumpy voice.

     "Oh, You love me," he says with a laugh.

     "Of course I do," I shock myself by saying I'm a completely sincere voice.

     "What?" He says, his eyes wide, "What did you say?"

I freeze, what the heck do I say to that? How can I cover myself? Maybe I should just tell him, get it over with? Rejection? You have to open the wound sometimes before it can heal, or whatever it is that Logan says before he makes me bleed and then bandages it.

"I said, of course I do?" I say hesitantly. God I shouldn't have said that. It was a bad idea. I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have said that!

"Like as a friend?" He says gently.

God here's my chance to get out of it. I can just say yes and everything will be fine. There won't be any more emotional turmoil today, everything will be fine.

But, my heart flutters with hope, What if he likes me back? I look to his eyes, am I reading too much into them or...do I see the same hope mirrored from my own?

I decide to take the leap, a prince has to face his fears after all, "As...more than a friend." I admit to him in a soft voice.

He stares at me for a moment, blinks, and then slowly smiles, "Really?"

"...yes?" I say hesitantly.

"You're not just messing with me?" He says, serious now.

"No, I really mean it. I love you."

His face absolutely lights up, "Oh, that's fantastic!" He throws himself on top of me, "This has been killing me!"

"Wh-what has?" I ask.

"You! This!" He gestures in between us, "Us! God, I love you too!"

"Really?" I ask shocked.

"Yes! Really!" He replies, his voice full of joy.

"That's...that's great!" I hug him back, he pulls back a little and smiles at me.

I smile back, "Can I kiss you?" I blurt out.

"Wh- I mean, yeah. Please."

I smile as I press my lips to his, it's not a deep kiss and it's over quickly. I scoop him up and stand. Spinning him around, "Can I do it again?" I ask.

He nods, I kiss him and we laugh.

"Woah, am I interrupting something?"

We both turn to see Deceit, our faces both turn red.

"Never mind, I don't want to think about it." He walks back upstairs.

I turn back to Virgil, he giggles, before kissing me again.

I can't imagine a more perfect way this could've gone.

Patton:

     "Everything okay, Dee? I thought you were going to the kitchen."

     "Um...Virgil and Roman...seemed like they definitely didn't need some privacy."

     "Oh, finally. They've been flirting forever. I was starting to think they'd never tell each other how they felt." I laugh.

     Deceit laughs, "That's rather ironic of you, Patton."

     "What do you mean?" I ask.

     He waves the question away, "never mind. So, what's on the agenda for today."

     "I was going to wrap some Christmas presents, I'm a little behind," I laugh.

     "Would you like some help?"

     "That would be great! Thanks Dee," I smile at him.

    "Don't mention it."

I head to the closet and pull out five boxes, "You do have to leave the room for just a moment while I wrap yours though," I say.

Deceit:
I nod, shocked that he got me a present. Even more shocked when I see he got Remus one too. Of course he did, he's Patton, I tell myself.

"Okay," I head to the door, "Don't call me when you're done."

*****

     I place a bow on a purple box, Patton does the same to a blue one. "All done!" He announces cheerfully.

     "That's good, since tomorrow is not Christmas Eve."

     "Yeah," he nods, "thanks for all the help, this would've taken twice as long without you."

     "You're very welcome," I lay a hand on his shoulder.

     He blushes, "I-I...um...I better go make dinner." He squeaks.

     "Alright," I remove my hand.

     He stands up and rushes out the door. I smile after him, tomorrow I'll tell him how I feel.