Chapter 16

Deceit:

Patton makes us all sit in front of the snowman and take a picture, he sets his phone in a pile of snow and sets the timer, "Everyone smile!" he calls.

The picture turns out a little strange, Remus wasn't looking at the camera, Virgil was staring at Remus, and Logan was...holding Remus's hand.

I decide I'll have to ask them about that later.

It's getting dark on the way back, "Couldn't you make it lighter?" Patton asks Roman.

"I don't have the energy," Roman says, "Sorry, Pat."

"That's okay, I'm tired too." he stumbles along in the dark.

"You okay, Patton?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I'm fine, Just a little tired."

"Okay, we should be back soon."

He nods.

Virgil:

Roman holds my hand, leading me through the snow once again.

"You're awfully cold, Emo Nightmare."

"It's rather cold, Princey." I reply.

"No, I mean you're like, really cold," he says, his voice laced in concern.

I shrug, "It's fine, we're almost home."

He's still staring at me, that worried look on his face.

"Stop it, Roman. I'm fine."

"I know, I know." he puts his hands up in surrender.

Without his hand holding me up I stumble and fall.

"Sorry, sorry," he rushes to help me up.

"I'm fine, Princey." I say as I stand up.

But I let him take my hand again.

Remus:

Logan and I walk side by side, our intertwined hands between us, I start to shiver almost violently as the wind picks up.

"Remus, are you alright?" Logan asks, he feels my face, "Your body temperature is dropping rapidly."

I laugh, "I'm fine, we're almost there."

"Fine, but when we get home you need to warm yourself up immediately."

I smile at him, his concern is rather...cute? That word doesn't sound right, but I can't think of a better one.

     "Oh, thank Sanders." Virgil whispers when we get back to the main mindscape.

   Roman:

     "Come on, Vee." I tug him into my room.

     "Wh-what are y-you d-doing?" He says through chattering teeth, his lips blue.

     "I'm running you a bath, you're absolutely freezing!"

     "I c-can d-do it myse-lf, R-Roman." I glare at him, "F-Fine," he huffs, "aren't you co-cold t-too?"

     "Not nearly as cold as you." I reply.

     He rolls his eyes as I go to run the bath.

     When I come back he's gone, "Virgil!" I call. No answer. "Virgil!!" I shout louder. Still nothing.

I sigh, he's not getting out of this. I head to his room, I don't even bother knocking.

"Get out." He says not looking up from his phone.