Chapter 18

Virgil:

     Roman likes to sleep in. I've been sitting in his room awake for the last two hours. He hasn't even moved once. Finally, I decide to just leave his room.

     "Where are you going?" Roman asks groggily as he sits up.

     "My room, Princey." I say, rolling my eyes.

     "Why?" he asks.

     I smile, "To shower, to do my makeup, to get dressed..." I rattle off.

     "Okay, okay," he holds his hands up, "I get it."

     I chuckle at him on my way out.

Patton:

     I wake up with Deceit still in my bed. His hair's a mess, he's still wearing his gloves. I start to wonder what his hands look like. I shake my head , it's an irrational thought. I try not to think about it anymore, I focus instead on finding a way to get out of bed without waking Dee. I try to pull his arms from their place around me. No luck. He's shockingly strong.

     I try to squirm out from between his arms, he tightens his hold. I frown, resigning myself to staying here until he wakes up.

   Deceit:

     I smile to myself as Patton relaxes back in my arms. I smile at the thought that he doesn't want to wake me.

     I feel his hand tugging at my own, I look down, he's messing with the edge of my glove. Trying to remove it. I move my hand slightly, restricting his access to my the edge of my glove.

     I close my eyes again. I wonder how long I could keep him here. I decide to find out.

Logan:

I wake up with Remus's arms wrapped tightly around me. I smile remembering the previous night's events.

I try to silence my alarm without waking him. I can't reach it!

"Mngh..." Remus opens his eyes, "The hell is that?" He grumbles.

"Apologies," I say gently, "I couldn't turn it off, it wasn't within my reach."

"It's okay," he runs a hand through my hair. I close my eyes for a moment, enjoying the feeling of another living being touching me. It's rare that I allow this to happen, I wasn't expecting it to be so pleasant.

     "I need to get up now," I say gently.

     He smirks, kisses the top of my head, and says, "Do you really?"

     "Unfortunately," I mumble softly.

     "Hm?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair again, "What a shame..."

     I frown, I've never before been so tempted to sleep in.

     "I should get up." I say again.

"I know," he says. But he doesn't move.

I sigh, I guess there are worse ways to spend the morning.

Virgil:

I come downstairs and am surprised when I find no one else is in the living room or the kitchen.

Usually by now Patton and Logan are up. Logan has a strict sleep schedule and gets up at the same time every morning, and Patton gets up early to make him breakfast.

I start to worry, maybe they're sick? We were out in the cold for awhile yesterday. I decide to go check on them.

*****

     I'm in shock, I don't even know how to react. I knew it was happening, I could see it in the way they looked at each other. But, when I see Dee holding Patton like that...I feel conflicted. I don't even know what the problem is!

     They're their own sides they can do what they want. But...they're also both kind of my parental figures. And it's weird when your parents get into relationships.

They're polar opposites! Literally! How could they be...I don't even know what they are!

I stare at them for another minute before I close the door. I guess now I know what's keeping Patton...

I head back downstairs...too afraid of what I'd find if I went to check on Logan and Remus.

"Where is everyone else?" I look up to find Roman looking around in confusion.

"Well...Deceit and Patton are...preoccupied," I say sourly.

"Ew...Virgil! I don't want to know about that!" He shouts horrified.

"No, not like that," I say exasperatedly, "they're just...cuddling..."

"Oh," he relaxes, "Ooh," he realizes what I mean.

"I'm glad they're getting along, but this is not what I thought would happen at all!" I cry flopping back on the couch.

"Maybe...maybe it's a good thing..." Roman says hesitantly.

"How is this a good thing?!?"

"Well...don't most kids want their parents to be together?" He smiles.

"They're not really my parents, Ro."

"I know, but...they're like your parents, and if they're together you'd get to spend more time with both of them."

I think about that, "Yeah, I guess so. But, how are you okay with this? You didn't even want them to come over!"

"Well, I've realized maybe I was a bit of a...massive jerk?" He admits sheepishly.
"And that maybe they're not so bad after all." His face flushes.

"That's great for you, Ro. It really is, but Patton...and Deceit? How is that ever gonna work?!?"

"If it's meant to be it'll work."

I look to him, "Yeah...I guess you're right."

I'm not completely sure I'm okay with it, but I'm certain that I'll get over it eventually. It's their happiness that really matters after all.