Chapter 10 : Dinner of a Noble

Y/n's POV
I left the girls a big shock yesterday. Flandre was crying happily she could only hugged me tightly, nearly died if Remilia wasn't on my side. Regardless, everyone else was devastated, sad, moreoverly disappointed because they're not chosen, except for Meiling. But Flandre is the one for me, despite looking young.

"It's still so hard to comprehend..." Remilia frowns.
"We have been mistreating him. I guess this is our eternal punishment." Sakuya sighs.
".... I... don't know how I feel about it..." Patchouli lowers her head.
"Aww! Lighten up! Doesn't mean he's abandoning us. He'll still be with us. Besides, as long as he's happy, right?" Meiling comforts them.
I could hear it all, they're shattering hearts. But how long will I prolong this harem? I can't choose them all... damn this world is full of incredibly cute girls!

"I'm still sooooooooooo happyyy!! You picked me!  You picked me! I... am really happy.." Flandre shed a tear. "Hey! Don't cry again. This is the sixth time since yesterday, Flan." "I know but it's too hard to get oveeerrr!!"
Is this too special for her?
"Don't your sister love you, now? You can put her in the account." I sighed.
"Hmph! No way! Y/n-kun is much better than my sis. But I do love her... I understand why would she kept me here..." she frowns. "Honestly, you have everything you ever wanted. A fancy, noble, royal life, treated like a princess." I spoke. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda envious, but I miss my old home too.
"Yeah, but I'm so curious of the outside world! There's so many things to discover." she said cheerfully. "I see. Well maybe we could have dinner at a restaurant here?" I said. I don't know much about this Gensokyo world, either. "I'd love to... but do you know anything about this world?" Flan leaned closer. "W-well... unfortunately, no." I sighed. "Ahuhuhu.. you don't have to do so much for me. We can do it here!" she suggests. "Here? In your room? It could get messy, y'know." "No worries! We can ask Sakuya to clean it up." she easily spoke. "What?? But we can't force Sakuya so much. She deserves a break at least!" "Don't worry. She won't feel pressured at all." she continued. I heard fast yet faint footsteps from the door but just ignored it. "I-if you say so..." I sighed. "Yay! I don't know what lovers usually do. Have you ever fall in love with someone?" she plays with her fingers. Obviously, adorable. But to her question, how can I say it? I'm just a plain NEET with no experience in love life. I have knowledges, I guess. Through visual novels, harem ones especially. "Well, I have never been in a relationship with someone physically." I joked on the last one. "Oh, really? Same here! And I'm sure you know why." Flan wants to reassure. "You're stuck in this basement for years and unable to leave?" "Bingo! You have a pretty good memory." she cheered. Do I...?

"So tell me, what do lovers do usually together?" Flan curiously asked. I was afraid of this question. “Well... I can't exactly... say it straightforwardly.” I nervously chuckled. I can't just tell her that they do ‘lovey-dovey’ acts with eachother. Is it even a safe education?? “Hmmm? What do you mean?” she tilted her head in confusion. “I... uhh...” I'm still hesitant to tell her. “C'mon! Say it!” she pouts, stood up and playfully slams the table. Surprisingly it didn't got destroyed. “Well... I don't want to make you uncomfortable. These actions can be very... strange because you're unfamiliar.” I scratched the back of my neck. “Didn't we kiss before?” she places her finger on her lips. I had nearly forgotten about it. I blushed like a real tomato. “W-we did... and that's also... a-a part of what couples do...” I hid my face. Then Sakuya opens the door with a bit of a gloomy face painted on her. She also brought the food. “Y-your... meal is ready.” she tries to keep her cool. She placed them down and soon left. Weird... why is she like that? Did she overhear our conversation?
“Yay! It's here!” she cheered, waving her hands up in the air and childishly swing her legs up and down. “Well, let's eat it before it gets cold. Do you pray before eating?” I spoke. I asked that question out of random. “Yeah. That's our culture since me and my sis were young. Sakuya doesn't do prayers, so does Patchouli and Meiling.” she explained. “I see.” I simply replied. “What's with the emotionless face?” she asked. I stayed silent. “Is it because of Sakuya being so moody? Geez, don't mind her so much.” Flan said out of jealousy and pouted. She's right. I'm worried about not only Sakuya, but the other girls too. I just hope they don't be so devastated over me. “Yeah. I was thinking if she overheard our conversation? I kind of don't want to make it overly complicated between us.” I said. “But... don't you have me?” she said as she's about to pray. “I know. But over the past few months, the girls have done so many things for me. I just figured if I can repay them, they won't be so down. I care about them too, Flan. I don't want to seem discriminative.” I explained. She was silent with an emotionless face, then gave a long childish sigh. “You're so selfless, Y/n-kun.~” she rested her head on her arms on the table. “But that's what makes you so loveable.” she smiled and giggled. Good God, this girl makes me feel wholesome and worried at the same time.

We ate and finished our dinner. This time, I brought the food upstairs to the mansion. I figured I could repay them for today. I insisted on helping Sakuya cleaning up the dishes and doing chores, even though it's my first time. I helped Patchouli clean up the books. I also decided to accompany Remilia for a bit and had a little chat. She looked sleepy and I helped her fall asleep after the chatter with a bedtime story. As for Meiling... she insisted that I should just rest for the day and leave the guarding to her. Oh well, I'm an inexperienced fighter, after all.
I returned to the basement, and fall onto the floor out of tire. Going downstairs with sore hands and now my aching legs after going down the long long spiral staircase. What a pain in the ass.
I came to find Flandre already asleep. She did say she'll be fine with me helping the others for a bit. I smiled, took a shower then sleep. What a busy day.

Sorry for not posting the chapters. I've been busy and currently in a writer's block. But then I saw a lot of comments in this story and I'm glad more and more people are enjoying this series so far. I'm very sorry, once again. I hope this chapter can retaliate my actions. Thank you all for reading!