Chapter 17 : Real World

› [Continue]
[End]

I've decided.
If this is how it's gonna be, then I have no choice but to return home. “I... I'm going home. I'm gonna return to the real world.”
I said, slightly hesitant. “Are you truly certain?” Yukari tilted her head. “Y-yeah... I mean, I don't want to forget about Flan.. but I don't want to risk everyone's lives because of me. And worse, I don't want to make her disappear.” I said. “Aww... Y/n...”
“Fufu, a wise decision.” Yukari chuckled. I have to do this, for everyone and Flandre. “Flandre, I just want to say sorry for everything wrong I've done.” I said, kneeling down. “Raise your head, Y/n-kun. You know I'm not a princess.” she giggled. “Well, to me, you're my princess.” I raised my head, looking into her eyes. “Y/n... you're so cheesy, you know that, right?” she poked my nose. “Yeah... but that's because I'm not really great with romance.” I laughed awkwardly and scratching my neck. “Hehehe.. same for me, honestly. But your cheesiness is what I really like about you!” she cheered. “Flan...”

“Y/n, please look after all of us.” Sakuya bowed. “I will, I promise.” I nodded. “Behave well, and be sure to convince your father to bring us back to the next game!” Remilia crossed her arms, with a triumphant look on her. I laughed. Marisa nudged Reimu's arm, making her look at me. She looks like she wants to say something but seems hesitant. “Just say it, I'll listen while I can. Don't hesitate.” I said. “S-sorry for being... rude... I could've returned you much earlier..” Reimu averted her gaze but still apologized. I smiled with relief. She was cold to me, but I know she cared. “I forgive you. Thanks for thinking about me.” I nodded. “U-ugh... don't make it sound cheesy...” she pouted. Flandre just glared at her while holding my arm. “Well, it was nice knowin' ya, even for a short while.” Marisa tipped her hat and bowed. “You're cool, but totally crazy.” I gave her a thumbs up. If circumstances had been different, we might be good friends. She laughed. “Oh, Yukari. Will you remember me?” I asked. “Even I'm no exception to the memory wipe.” she smiled strangely. “Oh! What if I follow Y/n to the real world?” Flan eagerly raised her hand. “He'll most likely not remember you and see you, because you'll be invisible, even if you managed to come.” Yukari explained. “Ugh... how can you be sure...?” Flan pouted. “We're fictional. Plus I won't allow you to come even if you tried.” Remilia scolded. She frowned.

“Hey, it's fine. Plus it's like you said. Even if I don't remember you, our feelings stay true.” I said, trying to cheer her up. She starts to tear up. “Y-you're... right.” she sniffled, wiping her tears away. “Y/n? I just wanna let you know... something...” Flan said. I was right in front of the gap. “I... I.... love you!!” she yelled, flustered. I stated to blush, too. “Flan-chan... I also... umm.. really love you!” I bowed and yelled. In the end, the two of us are no different. We're very new with relationships. I raised my body and sighed. Well I'm gonna do an ugly cry, too.
I turn around but I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I looked on who it is and it's obviously Flan. Should've expected it.
“....I-I'm... gonna really miss you!!” she cried really hard, sniffling in between her wods, burying her head onto my hoodie. “H-hey, it's gonna be okay... I'm gonna miss you, too.” I said. I turned around and knelt down. She suddenly pulled me for a gentle kiss before being separated. I melted into it. “Can you two keep it brief?” Reimu interfered. We quickly got separated and laughed awkwardly, both of us flustered. “Fufu, you two are so interesting.” Yukari chuckled. “Well don't waste any more time.” Marisa said. I nodded. “Goodbye, everyone. Nice knowing all of you.” I shed a tear while smiling and waved goodbye. Everyone waved me goodbye as I walked into the portal. After this, this is it.

...

...

...

...

...

..

.

I fluttered my eyes open. I couldn't feel my body at first, which had my eyes jolted open. I tried moving my arms. I groaned in pain. “Ow...”
Suddenly the door of my bedroom creaked open gently. It was my father, entering. “Ah! You're finally awake.” he rushed to me and embraced me gently. I returned the embrace. “G-good morning, father... but what... do you mean by ‘finally awake’...?” I spoke. My mouth feels like it's glued together. “You've been sleeping for nearly a year. I was worried sick.” he answered as he lets me go. “N-nearly a year?!” I gasped. Sleeping for nearly a year? Is that even possible...?
Come to think of it, I've been dreaming about something. It felt so real. I was on an adventure of sorts. “We called a doctor and asked what's with your condition. But he said that there's nothing wrong.” he explained. “It's not a coma or anything?”
“He said it's not, strangely.” he shook his head. “I-I see..”
I looked at the calendar. It displays December 27, 2016. I lifted my body and sat down, hunched down. I yawned and stretched my body. “I'll tell everyone downstairs. Meanwhile, go take a bath and head downstairs afterwards.” he told me. I simply nodded then he left. Before I even left my bed, I noticed a pipe beside my bed. It looks used. Was it used for me...?
Regardless, I stepped down from my bed, bending my knees. It hurts. Guess that's what happens when you sleep for too long. I catch a few breaths before standing up and nearly losing my balance and held onto my bedside cabinet. I was breathing heavily, I can feel my heart racing from the shocking experience. I finally calmed myself down and made my way to the bathroom.