{Chapter 1} Exiled

"But he really did!" Eagletalon flicked his tail, his class unsheathed. "You should know better than to accuse our medicine cat of killing! We understand how hard it has been for you to deal with Mapleleaf's death but you must not accuse anyone!" His leader's meow rang through the camp. Eagletalon looked at his mother who shook her head disappointingly. "Streakstar! Mapleleaf had greencough! Greencough can't make sounds on a cat's neck!" Hareleap's fur bristled. "I told you before, he got scratched by brambles on his way in!" The medicine cat turned to look at Streakstar. "I think he should be exiled if he doesn't trust me." Eagletalon stared in disbelief. "You can't do that! I need to be here for my kin!" He looked at the two kits next to his mother, Snakekit and Spiderkit needed him. "Drive him out!" Redclaw yowled, murmurs of agreement filling the air. Streakstar flicked his gaze around the camp before turning up to the sky. "By the power of StarClan you are no longer a WindClan warrior! May StarClan light your patch in exile." Eagletalon hissed, fluffing his the out. Redclaw and Crowswoop padded up to him after being offered to escort him out of the territory. He reluctantly followed the two younger warriors. Casting one last longing glance over his shoulder, he bounded after his escort. Eagletalon made sure to stay a tail length behind the two warriors at all times. His gaze swept over the mood he had once called his territory. Memories of all the battles he and his brother had fought together in flooded back into his mind. He saw Hareleap slash Mapleleaf's neck. "This is as far as we can bring you. Come back again and we'll have your fur." Crowswoop growled, flicked his tail towards the RiverClan border. Eagletalon sheathed his claws. "So this is goodbye. I can't believe I trained you just so you can drive me out." Without waiting for a response he bounded across the border. The scent of RiverClan patrol was fresh, meaning he just missed it. He ran towards the lake, staying in the safe zone so he wouldn't get attacked. Eagletalon crouched down and sniffed the air for prey. He hadn't eaten that morning and already regretted it. He let out a goal of surprise as teeth dig into his tail. He twisted around quickly and swiped at his attacker with sheathed claws. "What are you doing in RiverClan territory?!" A dark ginger and white tom hissed. Eagletalon looked behind him, he had accidentally strayed from the safe zone. He quickly came up with a lie. "I've come with a message for your leader." The tom seemed confused. "Why were you in a hunting position then?" Eagletalon shook himself. "I was smelling the air for cats." He drew his tongue over his paw. "Very well, follow me." He signalled with his tail for Eagletalon to follow as he bounded away. Eagletalon followed, a plan forming in his mind. Soon, the warrior in front of him came to a stop. "The water is shallow." He informed his before splashing across the small stream that protected the camp. The exiled tom waded through the water, shivering at the coldness. He could feel the bases of the RiverClan cats burning through his fur.
"Why have you brought a WindClan cat here Salmonpool?"