{Chapter 3} Saved

Eagletalon woke to the strange feeling of warmth, something he hadn't felt in a while. He felt two fluffy bodies beside him. He could hear their quiet murmurs.
"Do you think he'll wake up soon?"
"Probably, he seems to be just fine."
" Just fine? He's skinnier than that mouse I caught yesterday. "
"Stop worrying Winter. I've seen him hunt before, the barn isn't far from his own territory."
" wait wha-"
Eagletalon jumped up, pinning one of the rogues to the ground. The rogue below him hissed and pushed him off. "I told you he was fine." The rogue narrowed his eyes, flicking his tail. "Who are you?!" The mostly red tom asked. "Tell me who you two are first!" The blue-gray, red, and white tom sighed. "I'm Bear. And this-" Bear flicked his tail towards the white tom with four stripes on his tail. "-is Winter. Now answer my question." Eagletalon forced his fur to go flat. "I'm Eagletalon, former WindClan warrior. " Winter gave him a confused look. "Former?" Eagletalon drew his tongue over his paw. "Exiled." He could feel the questioning glance from both of the toms. "Why don't we get you some prey?" Bear asked, shaking his long fur. " I can hunt as well, prey must be easier to find in here than in the open. " Eagletalon offered, looking around the barn. "You should really rest." Winter flicked his tail to a small corner covered with hay. "You can use my nest for now." The exiled tom shook his head. "I should help out with prey." Eagletalon argued, the two barn cats were so skinny. Their bones were showing through their fur. Eagletalon didn't wait for a reply before sniffing around the barn.

After a moment, he spotted a surprisingly plump mouse. Eagletalon immediately chased after it, pouncing on it when he was close enough. He killed the small creature with a swift bite to it's neck. "Nice catch." Bear complimented him from on top of a hay stack, His voice muffled from the skinny mouse he was holding in his mouth. Eagletalon flicked his ears as a thanks. Winter soon pushed his way through a hay stack, a small owl in his mouth. Eagletalon settled down on the cold ground. "We should eat now and then work on building up a fresh-kill pile." The former WindClan warrior suggested. The two other tom-cats nodded and settled down beside him.

The sun was getting low in the sky by the time they had made a decent fresh-kill pile. Eagletalon pulled some hay from one of the many hay stacks and made a small nest near Winter's. He took a vole from their new fresh-kill pile and settled down in his new nest. The vole was gone with a few bites. Eagletalon curled up in the nest, realizing then other two had already fallen asleep. He closed his eyes and soon drifted into a dreamless sleep.