chapter fourteen.

"harry!" simon shouted at me from the bottom of the stairs. i didn't answer. annoyingly, he shouted once more. i then heard noise from the staircase and a knock on my door.

groaning and pulling the covers back over me, i prayed simon wouldn't come into my room and talk to me. but he did.

"harry come on get up please man." he sat on the edge of my bed, giving me a look of pity. i didn't want a look of pity, i wanted him to understand.

"no." i mumbled, my voice barely visible. my throat was scratchy. i needed water, but i didn't have the strength or energy to get up. i was uselesss. hopeless. everyone knew it. they all saw me as a charity case and tried to tell me everything would be alright. it wouldn't.

i was a mess.

i was a wreck.

"harry..." simon's face had changed and now he had a concerned look on his face. i rarely saw this side of simon. it was my fault he was like this. it was my fault everyone was like this. wiping a stray tear from my face, i faced away from simon.

"i'm so sorry simon, but i can't." i told him, my voice breaking. i had gotten worse these past few days, i didn't eat, talk or look at anyone. i didn't know why either.

"your friend, katie, is here. do you want me to send her up?" simon asked me.

"i guess so." i mumbled back to him. i think he heard me.