chapter fifteen.

i didn't want katie to see me like this. i hadn't seen her in months and the last thing i wanted was her to see me like this. it made me look weak, and i wanted to be strong so bad for everyone else. wiping a stray tear off my face, i sat up on my bed and stretched out my arms.

slowly, but surely, i pushed the covers off of me and swung my feet around so that they touched the floor. it was cold, and i didn't like the cold. it had to be one of the worst things in the world.

suddenly, i heard a knock from the door. shit.
"come in!" i shouted at the person behind the door.

"hey haribo." katie said after she opened the door. i smiled at her, and she came over to hug me. i missed my friend.

"how are things?" katie asked me, while fixing the bun on her head. i hesitated for a little, because if i opened up i knew i'd cry. "oh they're fine; thanks for asking." i mustered up the fakest smile i could. she bit her lip, looked down and then up at me. katie looked like she was fighting something in her mind, until she finally spoke,

"yeah, that's not what ethan and simon told me haz, i heard about everything and i know you don't like opening up to people, but just know that i'm here for you. i met maddie loads of times and she didn't deserve you. she was a bitch."

"maybe you're right, but i still loved her. even if she was a bitch, how can i throw away all the good memories we had? how am i meant to get closure when she's blocked me on pretty much everything? made me out to be the bad person? my mind is so messed up and i'm trying to fix it but i just can't. it's all too much." i sighed, looking at katie in the eyes.

i shouldn't have told her this, i didn't want to dump all of my feelings out to her.

katie didn't say anything. maybe that was better. all she did was give me a big hug and sat next to me. we ended up watching a movie on netflix, which made me feel a bit better.

maybe not being alone was good for once.