Prologue

Ice paced around the waiting room, his heart thudding furiously as the minutes ticked by. His limbs shivered as his legs morphed into jelly. Hanging in limbo, Ice tapped his feet on the ground as he anxiously await the results of the operation.

Finally, the door creaked open and out came Solar who shook his head at Ice.

"Ice, the doctors wants to see you. We will leave for now..."

As Ice walked warily past his exiting brothers who avoided making eye contact with him, he was greeted by the sombre and heavy look on the doctor.

"I'm sorry... Only a miracle will save him now... We will leave you for the last words."

Ice stared in disbelief as a chilly draft shook him cold. After the door to the operation room slammed, ice felt so alone in the room. Peering into his tears, he saw a curtain that was left slightly ajar, revealing the fiery sneakers that belonged to his brother. Slowly, Ice made his way to his brother as he closed the curtains behind him shakily.

"Ice, is... that... you..."

A faint but familar voice rang out weakly.

"Blaze, how long more?"

"I'm so sorry Ice. The doctors tried, I've tried..."

"Blaze, but- but you p-promised..." Ice whispered within his sobs. He reached out for Blaze's pale and icy face and felt it for the very last time, in hopes of injecting some hope and life into his fading heart.

"Thank you Ice... All that you've done..."

"Can I sing it one last time?" Ice stuttered, his emotions starting to gain the monopoly of his mind.

"Sure... Only you can sing me to sleep..."

Blaze gave a slight nod as he closed his eyes, listening to Ice's graceful voice.

...

When we meet, the sun will rise

Pray don't sleep, your night loom nigh

Wish that love would will never die-ie

To the end that I will fight

Let you know that I am right

What about the times that you have lied...

To your light that I must find

Let that spark in us ignite

Blaze and Ice, it never dies

...

The fire element's breath started to slow down...

"I love you..."

"I love you too!" Ice splurted out before pressing his face against his brother's beatless chest.

The world started to fade away, the gloom started to glow. All Ice knew was that it was over. The hospital heartbeat detector spluttered a sickening noise.

But, above that noise was a cheerful and youthful, energetic shout.

"Ice! Catch me if you can!"