{ 1 } Fond memories

"Ice, you alright?"

"Y-yeah..."

"What's wrong?"

"... W-we go way back... "

...

"Blaze and I"

_____________________

Pant, pant!

Ice frantic feet gradually came to a stop. The Ice- elemental surveyed his surroundings, scanning every detail.

The house was still where it was. The pile of burning paper still laid on the barren land in front. Drops of water could still be heard, breaking the silent stagnant atmosphere around him.

The blue-eyed boy cupped his hands and hollered, "Blaze! Blaze!"

Still, no response...

Ice felt weird. Usually, his brother would be the one who sought him out. Now, he was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, he felt a gust reaching from the back. Ice spun around and spotted a figure zipping past the walls. Summoning every ounce of his energy, Ice began to catch some speed as he bolted away from the security of the house into the barren field.

"It was a huge risk..."

Following a trail of burning paper, Ice sped around, shouting his brother's name with every step he took...

"But it was worth it..."

"Behind you!!" a cheery and energetic shout erupted from the back.

The ice- elemental spun around again, this time being subdued by an orange- eyed being, who pinned him to the ground mightily.

"Argh! Blaze! Get off me!" screamed the struggling Ice, until his fiery twin gave in and got up.

"Like my new look?" the fire- elemental grinned as he stared into the blue eyes of his brother which glistened in pure shock.

"Don't ever do that again!" the blue cap boy hissed as he readjusted his outfit and walked away.

"Why couldn't I make an entrance for myself?" Blaze followed his brother closely, occasionally making faces as he poked the Ice- elemental teasingly.

With a loud grunt, Ice pushed his brother away.

"Stop that! You got me worried-sick! Where were you all the time?"

"Where else?" the fire- elemental murmured after spitting his gum into his palms. "Always waiting for the opportunity!"

Patting his brother, the fire- elemental sauntered away with a wink.

Releasing what his brother was up to, Ice felt the ever- increasing flame enveloping in his chest.

"Come here! You!"

"Catch me if you can!"

"B-BLAZE!!! ARGH!!!"

_________________________

"He can be quite annoying at times, but he was a great company..."

_________________________

"Haha!"

_________________________

"But now I think of it, I quite miss his irritation..."