4. drunk minds speak sober thoughts

Izzie:

I helped Casey out of the car, up the stairs and into my bedroom. She sat on the edge of my bed clearly feeling the effects of the alcohol she had consumed.

"Where did you wanna stay tonight?" I asked her as I bought back a glass of water into the room in hopes of sobering her up.

"I just wanna be wherever you are." She told me as she looked up at me and took the water I was offering.

"Okay, give me your phone and I'll message your mum as you because she might get suspicious if she gets two texts from me two days in a row."

"You are my favorite person, you know that?" She slurred as I went and sat with her on the bed

"You are my favorite person too, Newton."

She lay her head in my lap just like she had the night before as I began to run my fingers through her short, soft hair and she shut her eyes. "You should have seen the look on Evan's face when he figured out I liked you." She whispered.

It was so quick and soft I almost missed it. "He figured out what?" I question trying to confirm what I heard was correct.

Silence.

"Newton?"

Still nothing.

"Casey?"

And then almost right on cue she began to snore. I could almost laugh at how perfect her timing was.

"It would be just like you to fall asleep in this very crucial moment." I hissed at her while still playing with her hair. Surely I heard her wrong. Surely it was the alcohol talking. Surely the girl I had fallen for didn't just confess her feelings for me.

Her head still lay in my lap so in fears of her waking up and seeing me staring at her beautiful face like a crazed stalker, I tried to very carefully move her. I took her shoes off and tucked her in before climbing in on the other side. Sleeping however is not an easy task when the girl you have madly fallen for may have just confessed her feelings back to you but, that night I fell asleep to one of my new favorite sounds, the sounds of Casey breathing beside me.

Casey

The minute my eyes opened the next morning it felt as though every mistake, every regret and every decision I had to make was having a dance party in my head.

"Never. Ever. Again." I thought as I gulped down the remaining water Izzie had left for me the night before in hopes of calming my headache.

Izzie. Memories from the dream I had dreamt that night came flooding back. One where I lay on her lap as she played with my hair as I subtly confessed my feelings for her in fear that she might not feel the same way back. I tried hard to remember how she had responded in my dream but was instead rudely interrupted by a churning feeling in my stomach.

"Oh no." I audibly gasped as I ran for Izzie's connecting bathroom where I made it just in time as I fell to my knees clutching the toilet bowl. Moments later I felt a presence behind me and then someone holding the wispy bits of my short hair out and away from my eyes.

Embarrassment washed over me, "No please Iz, stop. This is so gross. You don't have to do that." I stammered finding any excuse I could to get her to leave and not see me like this.

"Shut your face, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." She told me as she rubbed my back and kept the hair out of my eyes.

As disgusting as I felt, I couldn't help but smile. Big. "Thank you, Izzie. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you here for me this weekend. And all the weekends to be exact."

"There is no place else I'd rather be right now then with you chucking your guts up into the toilet I just cleaned yesterday, bitch." She playfully argued as she pretended to be mad, not that I would blame her for being mad.

We talked for a while. And when my stomach finally felt normal, we moved back to her room.

"My grandma is dropping my siblings off at 2 today if you wanted to properly meet them for the first time?" She asked me, "But before that you have got to talk to Nick, Case."

I let out a long sigh as I sunk my head into my hands, "Would you come with me?" I mumbled into my hands.

"Of course I will be there. Forever and always." She told me as she rubbed my back.

"I'm really excited to meet you siblings." I told her as I looked up and smiled at her while she smiled a smile back, so big.