14. part two

Casey:

It hadn't even been more than five minutes before I heard a knocking on the door. I ignored it just like I had done to the hundreds of phone calls and texts that Izzie had been flooding my phone with.

I ignored it as I heard the knock again. Louder and more intense this time.

"Casey?"

I got up from off the floor and walked over to the mirror to inspect my appearance. I blinked away the fresh tears forming in my bloodshot eyes and wiped away the salty trails they had left on my flushed cheeks.

She knocked and repeated my name again. Pleading that I let her.

Eventually, I give in.

I walk over to the door and unlock it. I don't open it though. Instead I retreat back to the counter and find myself on the floor again, hugging my knees.

I don't look at her as she enters. My eyes becoming fixated on my shoes. She locks the door behind her and hovers near the doorway, as if she hasn't quite figured out what her next move is.

I hate emotions. I hate feelings. I hate showing emotion. Feeling her there in such close vicinity though. Hearing her little short breaths and sensing her own tears just caused the emotions to flow. The tears slowly fell, and my shoulders began to shake.

"Oh, Casey..." She breathed as she slowly nears me and begins to slide down next to me.

She reaches out to put her hand on mine until I yank it away rather violently which startles her, and she moves away a bit.

Truthfully, I want to hold her hand right now. I want her to tell me that everything will be okay. I want to listen to her reasons. I don't want to be mad at her, yet I know I need to be.

"I am so sorry, Casey. I never meant for any of this to happen." She told me in a voice that was so thick with emotion that I was almost mistaken for if it were her.

For the first time, I looked over at her. She was sitting next to me, mirroring my body position. She sat there with her head in her hands, crying.

There was no denying I was mad as fuck. However, I loved her more.

I scooched over closer to her and put my arm around her. "Don't cry, Iz." I told her, not quite sure what else there was too say.

After a few more minutes of awkward comforting, she began to calm down so that we could actually talk.

"Are you okay?" She asked finally after I moved back to my previous position putting some space between us.

"Do you even care?" I replied, a little too harshly. "Sorry. Knee-jerk reaction. But no, not really. I just saw the girl I'm in love with, with her tongue down some rando's throat. So, I've been better."

I knew it was bitchy and I couldn't really control what was coming out of my mouth right now.

She was silent.

"So... what happened?" I prodded, needing an explanation before I left.

She looked up finally and our eyes met, she looked absolutely terrified. "I am so sorry, Casey, please. It was a mistake. Nate rocked up and kept getting too close to me, Quinn told me the only way to get him to back off was to kiss someone and forced some rando to kiss me. I so badly wanted that person to be you, Case. I just wanted Nate gone. And maybe even to prove to myself, just to be 100 percent certain that I am very much not into guys."

I tried my hardest not to, yet I couldn't help but smile at that last part. "So, what was the verdict?"

She seemed surprised by my response. "Oh trust me," she chuckled through the pain I could tell she was trying to mask, "you and your lips are the only thing I need for all eternity." She told me as she looked back down.