13. are you asking me to a party?

Casey:

We were coming up to the last few practices before regionals next weekend. As much as I got to see Izzie at trainings, our time was mostly spent by following Crowley's orders and one of us taking breaks while the other ran as Crowley found us 'distracting' together. Little did she know. By the time trainings were over, it was time to head our separate ways so she could return to her life of playing mommy for her own mother and siblings. As much as I offered to come and help her, she always denied, trying to prove that she was capable, and I assume trying to hide what it was really like for her.

This basically left us with our morning make out sessions in our cars before school and our nightly phone calls, trying to make it through the week before the weekend rolled around and we were able to spend as much of it together as possible.

"You know..." She began as she thought aloud on her end of the phone, "We're going to have our own room at regionals. Just the two of us. All weekend without having to worry about interruptions."

"I'm beginning to worry what I've turned you into, Iz." I laughed.

I understood what she meant though. Besides the very small and rare opportunities that we had on weekends to spend 'closed door' time together, most of the time nowhere was private enough or there was no guarantee that Sam or my parents wouldn't walk in on us doing the things we had spent all week longing for.

She giggled. "Hey! I'm talking about three days of running and us time without having to worry about someone walking in or the 'open door rule'. Sex is just an added bonus." I swear I could feel her smirk through the phone.

"We're on a roll for best weekends, I can't wait." I told her.

She began to think aloud again. "Technically that means that we're missing a 'best weekend'. Quinn's having a pre-regionals party on Friday..."

"Ah, yes. I did hear about that one." Playing along knowing full well what she was implying, "Would you like to go?" I asked her.

"Casey Gardner, are you asking me to a party?"

"Yes. Yes I am."

Friday:

I turned over my phone and threw it to my bed after replying to Izzie's latest text.

There was no denying the fact that I would rather be spending the night alone with her then at a party full of people we hate and our overly drunk friends

There was no denying the fact that I would rather be spending the night alone with her then at a party full of people we hate and our overly drunk friends. Still, I knew that we would enjoy the time spent together even if it did mean just acting like friends until we could escape.

I dressed quickly and grabbed some of the fresh muffins that my mom was making in the kitchen.

"You look nice, hon." She told me as I dipped my finger into the freshly mixed batter she was stirring and licked it clean.