𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

A few days has passed by and Sicheng had fully recovered so he went back to his own apartment and as for Taeyong, he went back to work. Taeyong still hadn't gotten the chance to access the safe. He was never alone in the room after that day. It was more like, the younger would never let him leave his side.

Jaehyun would call him minutes apart to top up his coffee, by now on his fifth cup and when he had noticed his heart beating strangely he realized he had drank too much so instead he would send Taeyong to photocopy single sheets of paper, one-by-one.

Taeyong was beginning to reach his wits end with this erratic behaviour. Secretary Moon did advise him to expect the unexpected but this was getting to be too much and too unexpected. It almost felt like a punishment.

He sat down on the lounge chairs trying to rest his now sore muscles, he rubbed his knees and tried to steady his breathing. If he was called in again once more for a stupid errand he felt he would explode and punch the CEO in the face.

His phone vibrated at his hip. Taeyong sighed heavily before he took it out to read the message he received.

< J. Jaehyun X |

Tai, office, now. 10:32am

Without urgency in his movements, he got up from his seat and walked to the CEOs office. He practically had to drag himself there from the exhaustion. Before he entered he took a huge inhale and composed himself.

Once he was inside, he plastered a smile, "Yes sir, you need something?" he mustered without a hint of annoyance evident. He interally patted himself on the back.

"Ah, yes, please scan these flight itinerary and you may head home to pack" the younger handed the papers to him.

Taeyong looked at him questionably and took the papers. "Pack?" When he glanced at them he noted two plane tickets, one for Jaehyun and one for him with the destination of Jeju island.

The CEO looked at him and smiled, "Yes, we're going on a business trip for one day"

Taeyongs eyebrows flew into an arch,"Business trip? So suddenly?"

And the moment he said that he recalled Taeils voice dancing around in his ears as if from a cartoon. Expect the unexpected.

"Yes, something came up so we have to go to check it out. Just pack a days worth of clothing. Send me your address, I'll pick you up in an hour" Jaehyun simply said with a slight smile.

"O..Okay, sure..." Taeyong then turned around and made his way out as slowly as he came.

Suddenly as if hit by a brilliant idea he realized that he might actually find out some information on this trip after all. He then went to scan the documents and gave them to Jaehyun before he went home to pack.

Around midday he was picked up from his apartment complex. He made sure to stand outside not risking his actual door number being known. He was surprised to see Jaehyun driving his own car, an r8 the colour of blue which appeared to be in spic and span shape, almost as if it was hardly driven.

Once he sat in the passengers seat, he buckled his seatbelt and they set off towards the airport.

After Jaehyun parked, he got out and went to the trunk to fetch a small leather carry on suitcase, whereas Taeyong already had his small knapsack on his person and exited the vehicle.

They went to check in and passed through the security checkpoint with a breeze as there was no documentation to be scanned.

Since Taeyong had never left the country he was glad the destination was to another place in Korea, had it not been, he would've been in a predicament. He made a mental note to get a passport as soon as he returned for any future "unexpected events".