chapter two

Naomi POV

" Well at least he's okay. " Kassidy said looking down at Kd making me roll my eyes at her.

" You fa' real? " Kd asked still trying to wrap his head around what I told him. It was only us two being that he asked his friends to let us talk for a minute.

Kentrell swore I poisoned him.

" Sadly, yes. "

" Who you see? Who be fucking with us? " He rushed his questions out quicker than either of us could blink.

" Kassidy. I see others but I only interact with her. "

Kd kissed his teeth looking unconvinced with my answer. " Tell her to do something right now. "

" Kas hit Kd with my lamp. "

Kassidy happily skipped her way over to my dresser. Without much thought she grabbed the lamp and hit him on top of his head.

" Motha'fucka I already got a damn headache. " He mugged looking around the room.

" How I suppose to know it's Kas? " I know it's hard to believe, but damn. All these questions I might as well do a whole Q & A with him.

" Tell about us being together ninth grade year. " Kassidy said making my eyes grow wide and mouth fall ajar. That's fucking news to me.

" Y'all was together freshman year? " I asked Kd as he scratched the back of his head avoiding eye contact with me.

" Okay I believe you can see her. "

" That's crazyyy! " I laughed a little still not believing it.

Out of everybody Kassidy and Kd? I would've thought she would've been sweet on Boomer before Kd. Hell even Ben at that.

Kd and I headed back downstairs since he didn't have anymore questions nor concerns. Before we could even get down the stairs good Kentrell came on the bullshit.

" She didn't try to curse you or nothing did she? " Kentrell asked Kd.

" Mane chill her on. She cool. " Kd assured him as he made his way to the couch.

I slightly mugged him as I sat down as well. I shook once I saw an elderly figure appear next to Kassidy as she was staying on the wall. Kd looked at me with concerns as I put my head down and listened to Kassidy's conversation with this mystery lady.

" Who you? " Kassidy asked glancing over at the woman.

" Kentrell's grandmother. " She answered damn near making me snap my neck looking in their direction.

I quickly collected myself before my thoughts started to scatter. This nigga on my case about having ghosts and whole time he brought one with him.

" And why exactly are you here? " Kassidy questioned her again making the woman get comfortable before she spoke.

" My po' baby got trouble coming his way.  He started rapping not too long ago and was offered a deal last week. He ain't sign it yet, but that thing brings nothing but evil. " Kentrell's grandmother spoke with so much pain and concern.

The way he acts you wouldn't have thought he had someone in his life to even care for him that much. He swears it's him against the world for some odd reason.

I finally looked over at his grandma making her look between both Kassidy and I. " She can see us? "

Kassidy nodded in response making her smile a bit.