chapter ten

𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

Naomi tapped her pencil against her notebook out of complete boredom. She had been sitting in her last period of the day doing nothing since she was caught up on current assignments.

It was going on noon and she was itching to leave.

Her phone buzzing snapped her out of her daze, making her stop tapping her pencil. Looking at her lockscreen she saw messages flooding in from the groupchat Kd had made a week ago.

Since the boys already had one, but never texted in it anymore, he decided to just make one with Naomi.

Before she could even check the messages the bell rung. Locking her phone, Naomi grabbed her bookbag stuffing her notebook and pencil inside.

After exiting the class she looked around the crowded halls for at least one of her friends.

Spotting Kd all the way down the hall she started to make her way towards him before she was stopped. Looking back at the hand on her shoulder she saw Joesph.

" Yes? " Naomi mumbled lowly looking him dead in the eyes. She looked away quickly since he was giving her an uneasy feeling.

" Don't think just cause my bruddas' fucking witchu' now they gon be fucking witchu' foreva. "

" Bro okay. I don't have time fa' this. " Naomi grew slightly irritated with just his presence.

Trying to walk away, Naomi shook her shoulder for his hand to fall. Joesph gripped it tightly before whispered in her ear.

" I know boutcho' lit'secret so Ima give till Saturday ta' let at least Trell go. The rest gon' follow behind. "

He laughed a little seeing the ghost like look on her face. He pushed her shoulder winking at her before walking in the opposite direction.

" Don't forget na'. "

Not knowing what secret he was talking about terrified Naomi the most. Somethings she got caught up in after Kassidy's death were the first to come to mind.

Only her and the people involved knew what happened and she wanted it to stay that way.

" You good? Staring like you saw a ghost. " Kd approached Naomi along with Ben bringing her back to reality once again.

" She see em' all tha time. You could've said like she saw a roach or some. " Ben added making Kd nodded fast in agreement.

" U-um... Y'all staying or leaving with me? "

" Thought you was staying till we got out? " Kd asked, actually wondering what was really wrong this time.

" I'm hungry so I was finna go get some food. " Naomi lied quickly, making them somewhat believe her.

" Shid I ain't gotta go ta' math. We getting Top and Three? " Ben shrugged his shoulders looking between the two.

" Top? " Naomi questioned with her eyebrows furrowed.

" Kentrell baby. You gotta keep up. " Kd shook his head as he headed in the direction of the class they were in.

___