chapter nine

𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

" So whatchu' doing with all the money? " Ben asked Naomi who was paying them little to no attention.

She was too busy scrolling in the comments of Joe's most recent post. He had been in his feelings lately about the boys spending most of their time with Naomi.

Instead of keeping it at a story, he decided to post it as well

Instead of keeping it at a story, he decided to post it as well. Which was really uncaused for. The caption of the post read " all fa a crazy bitch that ain't even taking dey help😂 #theygonsee ".

The only person who cut in time with him was Boomer. And that was when he decided he wanted to be bothered with.

Joe was like a repeat of what Kentrell did, but it was no turning around and becoming friends. That was far gone once Joesph saw who became attached to her the most.

" Mane gimme' this shit. " Kentrell snatched Naomi's phone once he peaked over and saw what she was doing.

" I was doing something! " Naomi fussed as she reached for her phone. Kentrell held it high in the air making it impossible for the 5'2 girl to reach.

" Nah you was feeding into bullshit when we said we'a talk ta' him. "

Naomi stopped putting up a fight and leaned against the car where she previously was.

They were sitting outside of Kentrell's house and had been going on about an hour.

When the boys first saw the post they paid it no mind. They knew Joe was in his feelings from small conversations with Boomer.

There were times where Ben would just ask Boomer to keep himself away from Joe's bullshit and hang with them. Boomer only refused because he was the only one who knew of Joe's secret.

All of them leaving him would definitely make things go into a uproar, and that was something Boomer was trying to avoid.

" And hea' you go witcho lip poked out. Ion' give a fuck either. Shoulda' neva been reading dat' shit in da' first place. " Kentrell ranted on not caring how harsh, or aggressive he came off.

Placing the burning backwood inside his mouth, he used both hands to pull his pants up and placing both of his phones along with Naomi's in his pocket. He made his way towards his front door, somewhat pissed and annoyed.

It had been about two weeks since Naomi had found out about her mother and Kentrell had been stuck to her like glue.

So to see her feed into Joe's antics pissed him off completely. It was his feelings getting the best of him because Naomi was starting to mean so much to him.

He never liked to see her cry or even upset. Only time he liked her mad was when it his doing or the boys.

Getting inside he walked to the kitchen and grabbed him a bottle of water from the fridge. Closing it back, he cracked it open drinking some before sitting it on the island in front of him.

He pulling his phone out, he tapped the phone icon and scrolled to Joe's contact. Pressing the facetime icon, Kentrell propped his phone up against the water bottle.

It rung a couple times before saying connecting. Shuffling was heard for a few seconds before Joe came in the frame. It was dark in his room and the light from the tv was the only thing making him visible.

" Whatchu' on nigga? " Kentrell asked before taking a pull from his blunt. He held it for a minute while he listened to Joe.

" Oh, nie' you wanna see what a nigga on? " Joe wasn't even thinking about whatever had made him mad enough to make the post. He was just happy seeing his brother.

" Mane you da' one who be on whole otha' shit. " Kentrell laughed lightly as smoke released from his lungs.

" Y'all ain't fucking with me! " Joe pointed at himself. " All ova' dat' stank ass hoe you wun' even fucking with a first. "

" Say, stop calling ha' out ha name. And you right I was, but she not a bad person mane. That girl sweet as fuck just got a fucked up life. "

" So you wanna be 'round somebody wit' a fucked up life? "

" Shit, we ain't have it all together years back. Still don't, but we doing our shit and she doing the same. "

Joe kissed his teeth loudly, throwing his head back. It was like Kentrell was hearing nothing that he was saying.

" You still got NaNa phone? " Ben asked emerging from the hallway.

" Yeah she can come get it. "

" She mad as hell, but okkkk! " Ben stretched out as
he turned on his heels and walked back outside.

" Fuck you just staring fa? " Kentrell asked looking back at Joe.

"You just called ta' talk bout that bullshit ass guh? " Joe quickly changed the subject.

" Say just hit me up when you learn some respect and sense mane. " Kentrell shook his head as he hung up the phone.

Never would he have ever thought one of his main partners would be so butt hurt over him hanging with a female. Any other time Joe would be all for him being with different hoes and fucking on them.

But that's when they were just strictly hoes.

Naomi was more to him amd he was starting to
mean more to her as well.

___

Kassidy sat in the corner of Joe's room as he continuously ranted. She had been there since Kentrell got off the phone with him.

Even with her being dead, she still liked to linger around her own people. She had been moved on, but she was somewhat like Naomi, she just wasn't fully aware of what she could do before she died.

" I swea' dat ho came fucking up everything! "

Kassidy flinched with a slight mug as he threw his fairly new ps5 controller at the wall. Pieces flew out as hit, one hitting him dead in the eye.

" Fuck! "

" That's what his ass get. I ain't even have to do nun'. " Kassidy mumbling sighing at the pathetic sight.

" Whatchu' doing in this boy room? " Cassandra appeared next to Kassidy and looked from her to
Joe.

" You been here fa' two seconds and already popping up everywhere. "

Cassandra and Kassidy laughed a bit at the fact that was true. Cassandra had done some terrible deeds from the drugs business to spiritual. But even with those terrible deeds, after a while she managed to protect her baby.

Her timing was off since she didn't have the motherly instincts most women would have at first. Naomi being in the middle of the consequences really gave her a wake up call.

So she vowed that if she were to ever leave the physical earth, she would always make sure Naomi was straight. From financially to mentally.

She was definitely working on the mentally.

" Tryna see why he so mad bout his homeboys hanging with MiMi. "

" You da' only one who still call her MiMi. " Cassandra chuckled a bit. " But why he just won't hang with them too? "

" Iono' ma! You see Three fit in just fine along with Kentrell. And Kentrell acted like he hated my girl! "

" Mhm, we gon' have to watch him. " Cassandra pressed her lips together as she folded her arms.

" Yeah cause I wanna know too. " Kentrell's grandmother appeared on the other side of Kassidy making her laugh.

" If it ain't you it's gon' me MoMo. " Kassidy looked at Cassandra who just shook her head laughing as well.