Chapter 8

To say she wasn't intimidating would be the biggest lie I ever told. Watching the way the whole floor seemed to completely stop and take in every word she said as soon as she whistled and commanded everyone's attention was done so perfectly. Before she had walked through the door but two minutes ago, everyone seemed to be running around the room like a chicken with their heads cut off. When she spoke I noticed her transition. She stood up straighter and had an aura of arrogance that surrounded her even with the small child that held her hand because she just knew she was in charge. I had been in the little girl's position countless number of times and I'm sure that even though she probably was extremely young she was used to her mother becoming a completely different person in the matter of moments.

I stood by a far wall my hair sleeked up into a bun at the top of my head. I had big hoop earrings on and my signature red lipstick with a pair of black and white New Balance sneaker, charcoal grey joggers and a black cropped sweatshirt that said 'Twerk It' on the front. I turned my head to see my mother standing4 off to the side talking to Mr. Mizrahi certainly reminiscing about the golden years of the industry. I approached them after Rue got in line standing directly in the front  and my mother took my hand in her giving it a light squeeze and I rested my head on her shoulder.

"You're getting more and more beautiful every time I see you Nayomi. When are you going to let me put you on my runway dear? As a girl of your height and physique is only cruel for you not to allow the industry to use you on the runway." he said and I giggled. As a child I had tried runway walking for labels like Ralph Lauren and Dior and had been successful but I didn't like the competition, it just about made me sick to have parents and children basically at each other's throats all the time.

"Maybe one time." I said smiling and my mother gave me the brightest smile that she could muster up. I smiled at her knowing that I must have made her month with all the changes she's been through over the course of the week alone. She kissed my forehead.

"Her! I want her, Giselle!" Isaac practically squealed pointing to me and Giselle turned away from the bleach blonde Barbie that she was talking to, sent her daughter away with her and approached us with a smile that showed all thirty two of her perfectly white teeth. She was so beautiful it made me uncomfortable. She was thick in all the right places and though she was a little over thirty she looked like she was still in her early twenties. Her hair was laid to perfection and I knew I had pretty good skin but hers seemed to have this golden glow that reminded me of those horrible Twilight books that we all read when we were teenagers. We had followed each other on Instagram but had never met in person and I honestly had to say that the cameras didn't do her much justice.

"Giselle Carter Graham. CEO and Head Scout for IT Model Management." she held her hand out for me to shake and I smiled taking her hand in mine.

"Pleasure to meet you Giselle. I'm a huge fan..." I said and she smiled.

"The pleasure's mine really. Your mother used to be such an amazing mentor when I was starting out in the industry." Giselle said and my mother blushed quietly accepting the complement. "Your parents are just...." she chuckled to herself.” You might think I'm like insane for thinking this, but I used to watch your show and just imagine my family like yours when my princess is all grown up." she looked down at the ground a little embarrassed before raising her eyes to look at us and tucking some of her long golden hair behind her ears. If only she knew... 

"Was that your little girl?" My mother asked. "She's gotten so big. I remember when she was this little tiny thing."

"That's my baby girl. Those were definitely easier times." She said and we all shared a laugh before she turned to look as Isaac. "I have my assistants as well as yours dressing the girls. If you really want Nayomi, I can take her with me while you and Nevie work on open call." Giselle said and Isaac smiled. \