8

Georgia was sat on her bed, reading a book when she heard a knock at the door. She looked up at the door, puzzled, since masters don't usually knock.
"Come in", she said. The door creeked open and in popped a white man. He looked young and very handsome. He couldn't be the father of the house.

"Hi. I'm Harry. I just came to meet you", he said. Then Georgia realized, this was the man playing in the mud with that other man. Georgia smiled at him. He had the most beautiful green eyes.

Harry's heart began to beat irregularly when the golden sun hit Georgia as the clouds rolled back. He couldn't help but stare.

"Hi, Harry. I'm Georgia, your new servant", she said as she smiled. Harry could feel the blush creeping up his cheeks and smiled back.
"I hope you're doing okay. How is everyone treating you?", he asked her. Georgia found this very odd. Usually the white men don't ask things like that when they first meet her.

They assume she's just another dumb slave.
"M alright. I see you got yo self all cleaned up", Georgia said, looking him up and down.
"Oh, you saw Christopher and I playing in the mud?", Harry asked her. She nodded her head and giggled a little bit.

Harry chuckled out of embarrassment.
"Yeah, my step mom made us get cleaned up", he said. Georgia thought for a minute. Step mom? She didn't ask, knowing it was none of her business. Harry stared at her for a few seconds, collecting as much of her as he could.

"Well, I'll leave you to your reading", Harry said as he pointed to the book she had in her hand. Georgia nodded and smiled at him.

Harry waved and closed her door. He stood at her door and placed his forehead on it. He had never seen such a beautiful girl with dark skin. He shook his head at the thought of liking a slave. He sighed and went to his room.

A week, as promised, passed and Georgia was now expected to do chores. For the past week she was told rules, what places to clean more thoroughly than others, and more.

Georgia was currently cleaning the dishes while Harry entered the kitchen. He watched her as he went to the refrigerator to get a coke. He opened the soft drink and took a sip out of the can and walked over to her.

"You know, you look real familiar, Georgia", Harry said studying her and squinting.
"Maybe it's cuz all negras look the same", she said, ashamed that that sentence came from her mouth.
"No they don't. You definitely don't look like the others", he said. Georgia looked over her shoulder toward him as he walked to the dish rack, reaching for a plate.

Georgia thanked God that her skin was dark so he wasn't able to see the blush on her cheeks. Harry took a plate and placed it on the island counter.

Georgia noticed his actions. "I could fix whatever ya trying to", Georgia said as she began to take off the gloves she wore for the dishes. Harry smiled at her.
"No, it's fine. I'm more than capable of fixing a san-", Harry said before he stopped talking suddenly. Georgia looked at him worridly. Harry looked up from her arm.

"Georgia Rose?"