9

Georgia widened her eyes.
"H-how you know my last name?", she asked him. Harry stepped closer to her.
"We've met before. Don't you remember?", he asked her. Georgia looked at the ground in thought.

Harry reached for her hand and pulled her toward the door. Georgia was terrified. What if he was mad and was about to whip her?

Harry opened the door and continued to pull her outside. They had finally reached a small house in the back yard. Georgia gasped at the sight.

Harry looked at her.

"You're the white boy", she said in realisation as she looked up at him. Harry nodded at her.

Memories of that night came flashing back. A sad look formed on Harry's face.
"I'm sorry for what happened that night", he said as he looked her in the eye.

"I-it's fine. We were just kids. There wasn't nothin' you could do. And I wanna thank you for tryin", she said. Georgia wanted to meet with him again for so long.
"I'm just glad to see that you are alright", Harry said with a smile on his face.

Georgia smiled back as they got lost in each other's eyes. She blinked and looked down at their hands to find they were still holding each other. She softly pulled away and looked at the ground.

She began tapping the toe of her foot on the dirt.
"Well, I gotta go finish my chores", she said, pointing toward the house. Harry followed her finger and laughed.
"Right, okay. I'll see you around then", he said looking back at her. Georgia nodded, glancing up at Harry one last time before she began walking back to the house.

Harry smiled as he watched her head back to the house. He looked up at the upstairs window and saw his step-mother watching the scene unfold.

She was collecting the bed sheets so she could do laundry when she caught the two talking in the backyard. What is Harry doing with that servant girl?