7

[(Y/n)'s POV]

My classmates, well, the sweet girls, have been telling me rumors about the 'Yuki' girl liking Ryu.

"Does she not know that Ryu--- I mean Kashima-kun has a girlfriend?" I asked, tilting my head. Inside my mind, I could feel jealousy growing inside me. "Well, I don't know... but, Ushimaru-chan is really cute, pretty, and some say she's really smart." One of them said, surrounding my table.

That's completely the opposite of me... I thought, feeling blue for a second. "Yeah, and I bet she could steal Kashima-senpai's heart!" One of the girls said and they all agreed.

"C-can we stop talking about him and the girl now, please? I'm gonna go to the restroom." I said, with a small voice and stood up then walked away, leaving the girls confused.

When I walked out of my classroom, I slid the door close gently and sighed after that. I want to know who this Ushimaru Yuki is. My thoughts wondered around about how she looks like. Is she really what like the girls just said? 

As I went upstairs, I saw Inomata taking steps at the stairs. I quickly smiled, "Inomata-chan!" I called out and quickened my steps to be at the same line as her. 

I noticed that she jumped a bit and stopped her tracks, then glanced at her shoulder.

[3rd persons POV]

Inomata's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened a bit, "(Y-Y/n)-chan?" She stuttered and turned herself around with her book that she's been carrying around. 

"Where are you going?" (Y/n) asked, being polite and forgot about all the problems she had with Inomata. "T-that's none of your business.." She muttered, feeling tense inside. (Y/n) ignored her attitude and asked, "Say... do you know who Ushimaru Yuki is?" While playing a hand on Inomata's shoulder and continued to walk with her.

"What do you want to know about her?" She asked, a little curious at (Y/n).

(Y/n) sighed, "Well... my friends from my class kept telling me that she has a crush on-" Before (Y/n) could finish, Inomata stopped walking, causing her to stop walking too.

The (H/c) haired girl tilted her head and soon heard gossips about Inomata from her side. The gossip continues until some boy from the class noticed Inomata's presence.

When that happened, Inomata yelled at the juniors (if I'm correct) with full of rage. After she finished yelling at them from outside of their class, (Y/n) noticed that Ryu and Hayato came, right in front of them both.

"(Y/n)!" Ryu called out. Hayato only stood silent beside Ryu. "What are you doing here?" He asked. When he appeared, Inomata passed through him and Hayato, ignoring all of her surroundings.

"O-oh, I wanted to search for you but I, um, changed my mind." (Y/n) replied to her own boyfriend awkwardly and chuckled while playing with her fingers.

When Ryu wanted to say something, his classmates asked about why he's wearing an apron.

Meanwhile at Inomata...

She was mad about how the girls could gossip about them without knowing that Inomata heard them, and she also thought about Ryu.

Thinking about Ryu made her face go red, and also felt bad. No... I can't betray (Y/n)! Not my own new friend that I think of her as a sister! Her thoughts said as she held the book more tighter with her grip.

When she was still feeling bad, she heard a familiar kid sound behind her. She turned around quickly and saw Kirin and Kotaro.

Kirin told Inomata that she wanted to play with her and (Y/n) since they both now rarely came to the daycare now. "(Y/n) rarely comes to the daycare?" Inomata asked, a bit surprised. "Yeah, she's busy with her school works!" Kirin said as Kotaro nods in agreement.