~1.4~

~1.4~

We had arrived someplace sometime ago. I wasn't sure where since we were blindfolded and were now being kept in a room together. Like an interrogation room. Having taken a nap, I was back up and seething again.

How they treated Bumblebee was just replaying in my head. Also where were Optimus and the others? Were they ok? I hoped they were.

"This is so messed up" Sam stated

I laughed humorlessly.

"Last week if you told me we'd buy a car that turned out to be an alien, I would've beaten the hell out of you"

"I wonder where our parents are," Sam questioned with his head in his hands. I nodded.

"Aunty Judy is probably flipping out."

Mikaela was sitting close to Sam and I wondered about her. We've been out for most of the day. Hell, it's probably the next day too.

"What about you Mikaela? Aren't your parents going to be worried?" I asked concerned. Mikaela looked away and Sam's head shot up with wide eyes as he looked at me.

I immediately got the hint.

I grimaced.

"Oh um, I'm sorry"

She gave me a tight smile. "Uh it's okay. Um, my dad's in jail but his parole is coming up pretty soon. My mom is dead."

I immediately felt bad and guilty.

"Oh rass, I dint mean tah pry. That's my bad" I said and Sam gave me another look. (Oh rass, I didn't mean to pry.)

Mikaela looked a bit confused.

"I didn't quite get that" she said.

"I'm sorry for asking" I said firmly.

Then that would explain why she reacted so strongly to Mr. All-tough-and-mighty. He probably threatened the parole hearing.

"You do that often, speak different" she said and I got the hinted question.

"Me dad's a muggle, Mam's a witch. Pretty nasty shock when he found out" I quoted

Mikaela looked incredibly confused and Sam face planted into the table. Oh please, like if he's any less of a geek.

"Um, I was born and raised in Barbados in the Caribbean til I moved here. I'm Sam's older half sister. So sometimes my dialect comes out" I explained and the girl nodded.

We stayed there and talked or would doze off. I felt like we really bonded. Whatever the hell was wrong with Sam and Mikaela seemed to ease a bit too.

We tried to divert our attention from worrying too much but Optimus and the situation would still be brought up. It couldn't be helped.

What they did to Bumblebee left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention getting to this Allspark they were searching for before Megatron could get it.

A few hours later we were being escorted out and onto a helicopter with some other people including a blonde and a black man.

Sam sat next to me trying to take steady breaths to calm himself as we were flying. I grasped his hand to offer some comfort. He never did like flying.

"So..." Sam started awkwardly

"What's they get you for?" The blonde asked

"I bought a car. Turned out to be an alien robot" Sam finished "Who knew?"

I smiled slightly and then looked down as we banked. We were outside the Grand Canyon.

'Holy shitt.'